• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 07:26:01 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

ITT: Sonic Games

Started by Fusion, March 02, 2008, 03:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

Sonic Drift, Sonic R (sans karts), and about 30 other failed attempts IIRC.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Fusion

I don't recall the rest of those 30 other attempts.

Sonic Drift
Sonic Drift 2
Sonic R
Sonic Riders
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

Those are all the racing in general for Sonic, at least to my knowledge.  Sonic Riders was given a good rating by a good portion of those who actually sat down and played it, and I can admit to, during my limited exposure, having a little fun trying to get into the wake of another opponent.

Jesuszilla

Fusion

Doesn't look like the Adventure model.  It's closer to the Unleashed model, I'd say.  The ear design's what I'm going off of.

Jesuszilla

... Looks like Adventure to me. DC Adventure, at that. :what:

Insanius

A friend of mine made this video.

Claws

REVIVE FOUL BEAST
http://sonicjam.wikidot.com/aii1997:unknown1
An interview from 1997!
Edge:Why did you introduce a new character instead of writing another Sonic sequel?
YN:Yes, it would have been easier to use Sonic, but we thought that people were expecting more, so we created a new character in a new world. We also wanted to take a long break from the Sonic series, so when we approached it again, we could make a significantly more advanced game. Many companies continually capitalize on their successful titles, bringing out more and more sequels until the market gets saturated and the players get bored. In any case, it is difficult to keep coming up with new ideas for a familiar series. We're only human after all.

The reason recent Sonic games suck... is because Sonic Team never wanted to keep making them, for over a decade!

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Fusion

Quote from: Claws on June 06, 2009, 08:35:20 AM
The reason recent Sonic games suck... is because Sonic Team never wanted to keep making them, for over a decade!

I've actually known that for a while.

UHMEEEEBA

Still better than anything they've made these days.

Fusion

If Oratario Tangram was any example, then I suspect this to be:

- Maybe slightly enhanced graphics.
- DEFINITELY going to be capable of running at HD resolution and of course, also widescreen.

I'm thinking that that'll be it for any changes they'll make.

Jesuszilla

SUP DAWG WE HEARD YOU LIKE REMAKES, SO WE MADE A REMAKE OF A REMAKE SO YOU CAN PLAY, LIKE, A REMAKE SQUARED!

Fusion

The site using "Needlemouse.com" is not related.

No matter how good it is, the Sonic fan community is still going to piss all over it because it will not be as infamously "good" as Sonic Adventure or Sonic 3.

Jesuszilla