• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 08:57:39 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

ITT: Sonic Games

Started by Fusion, March 02, 2008, 03:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

He has a point. Sonic's design really only worked in the 90s. Right now, he's just... Corny.

When you think about it, SEGA actually started to realize this when SA2 was released since they made Shadow. Think about it― for what purpose was he created? To appeal to a newer generation, obviously.

In addition, it is useless to rely on nostalgia factor alone to sell a new game. For example, I would rather play (or hell, even BUY) Super Mario Bros. 3 for the umpteenth time than replay Sunshine or Galaxy. Sure, I liked Galaxy, but it just wasn't as great as SMB3.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Sgt Squirrel

Quote from: The End on March 04, 2009, 12:36:03 AM
So hey about that Sonic with a sword game, IGN hated it and Famitsu wasn't too fond of it either giving it the lowest review they did for a Sonic game in a long time.
IGN doesn't count because they're douchebags who once gave a game a 2 out of 10 because they didn't get a free copy.

They also said this:
QuoteThis brings me back to my original point: this game will put newbies in a pinch and frustrate casual gamers.
ON A SAMURAI SHODOWN GAME. WHAT CAAAAAAAAASUAL IS GONNA BUY SAMURAI FUCKING SHODOWN?!

UHMEEEEBA

Even if you take out IGN's score it'd still have about a mid to high 50 something on metacritic.

Fusion

Part 2 of Game Overthinker's Sonic saving thing:

Jesuszilla

UHMEEEEBA

Jesuszilla

Quote"From Rabbit, he learns how to outrun every creature in the forest; from Squirrel, he learns how to lob acorns down from trees to pester the unsuspecting victim below; Chicken teaches him how to squawk like a rooster and wake everyone up in the morning ..."
Perhaps SEGA should go into the drug business so I could get some of the shit they're smoking.

UHMEEEEBA

It probably causes permanent brain damage.

Fusion

Even the article speaks before I can:
Quote--this is exactly the sort of thing Nintendo has been doing with Mario for years.

DMK

Proof that Sonic fans will eat anything Sega shits on their plate.

UHMEEEEBA

The key difference is that the regular Mario games are still good Fusion.

Jesuszilla

... YOU KNOW WHAT THIS CALLS FOR...

http://www.trinitymugen.net/~Creator/Jesuszilla/07 - Super Sonic Racing - Sonic R [Original].swf

Fusion

Quote from: Torgo on May 28, 2009, 01:21:39 PM
The key difference is that the regular Mario games are still good Fusion.

Doesn't detract from what I quoted.

Quote from: DMKProof that Sonic fans will eat anything Sega shits on their plate.

No point saying this right now, considering the game isn't even out yet and it's just a teaser.

DMK

True, but like Unleashed despite being a pretty bad game still sold well. Wasn't this done before as well? Something like Sonic Drift?