• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 01:44:55 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

ITT: Sonic Games

Started by Fusion, March 02, 2008, 03:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandy Bogard

QuoteCollecting all the emeralds allows Sonic to transform into Super Sonic after collecting 50 rings during any level, for the first time in the 3D Sonic series.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

[spoiler]Collecting the emeralds requires you to play the co-op levels.[/spoiler]

Fusion

Sega admits there was "too much Sonic".

Also that note that the 3 Sonic Games had goals.  I'm not sure what Sonic Free Riders was trying to achieve, but...

sonic recolors - THis game's goal was to be the good "pure Sonic" game.  The one that everybody would remember.
Sonic 4 - This game's goal was to piss everyone off and milk the idiots for their money.

UHMEEEEBA

Colors managed to be good by a sheer fluke, of course the guy is going to jump the Sonic 4 ship and say they intended for Colors to be awesome.

Also since Fusion didn't say it the dude also said we'll find out about 3 more Sonic games later this month, Sonic 4 Episode 2, the elusive 20 year Anniversary Title (hopefully better than the 15 year anniversary title... aka Sonic 2006), and another Mario and Sonic party game.

Jango

DMK

Fusion

January 03, 2011, 05:50:49 PM #517 Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:53:59 PM by Fox McCloud

Points to you if you get the joke.

EDIT: I also bet this is the plot of the next Sonic game.

Jango

Oh god are you referring to that cartoon where Sonic had like a green brother and a pink sister and they were in an underground rockband?

UHMEEEEBA

January 03, 2011, 06:41:38 PM #519 Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 03:23:48 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Fusion's screen is from a Sonic version of the other game series discussed in the link I believe.

DMK

You mean the one with "Sonic Sez"? Oh and I picked up Sonic 1, 3, 4, Knuckles and Adventure for practically nothing due to Xbox holiday deals. Should be fun running through them all again.

UHMEEEEBA

"Sonic Sez" is from "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog", the one with Scratch and Grounder. "Sonic the Hedgehog" (AKA SatAM) is the one with the whole environmental message.

Jango is referring to a third Sonic cartoon from the 90s called Sonic Underground. Only reason I know about what he's talking about it is because Shout Factory mentioned it in their advertisement pamphlets in MST3K volumes, it sounds awful and not even in the hilariously awful kind of way, just awful.

Jango

I remember it used to be on before Pokemon, so I'd usually come in during the conclusion of the episode. I remember they actually sang a song entitled "Don't Ever Give Up" and I quickly changed the channel and missed the introduction to Pokemon because it was so horrible.

Jesuszilla

Sonic Underground was indeed the gayest fucking thing to ever happen to Sonic. Worse than Shadow and Silver combined. It's that bad.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Fusion