• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 07:41:44 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

MegaMan Zero 2

Started by Double, March 21, 2006, 10:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double

March 21, 2006, 10:48:22 PM Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 01:42:21 PM by Phoenix Magnion

Why is my name purple...?

Gameplay: MegaMan Zero 2 continues many of the things in its prequel. It has a more traditional life system this time around which is good. The Z-Saber, Z-Buster and Shield Boomerang all return from the previous game, you must level them up again. Like last time, this is a tad tedious again. The TriRod is no more and has been replaced with the similar Chain Rod, while weaker the Chain Rod allows you to grab objects and enemies (for a good laugh grab a Pantheon and pull towards a spike trap). Again like the last game your main weapon is going to be the Z-Saber however. The elemental upgrades return and are got by beating some of the earlier bosses. This game also has mission objectives which, if are met, increase your score (some are simply beat the boss, some require you to destroy things etc.). Speaking of scores, if your score is high enough like in the last game the boss gains an additional attack, but you can now learn one of their attacks, an Ex-Skill, which are often similar to Zero's moves from X4. Cyber Elves return and are fortunately less repetitive to charge. Overall an improvement.
18 out of 20

Music: Fairly decent, about on par with the previous game. Sand Triangle is a good track.
13 out of 15

Translation: Well,

About on par with its prequel.
7.5 out of 10

Length: You now must beat all the stages, no skipping. Traditional MegaMan game length, fairly decent.
15 out of 15

Rehash Factor: Why hello there, Harpuia, Leviathan, Fefnir, Rainbow Devil Mk II and Herclious Anchus. 5 reused bosses? COME ON. Two pieces of Music, Crash, and Neo Arcadia are also reused here.
10 out of 15

Plot: Elpizo is a tad cliché, but it's still more interesting than the first games plot. Also sets up nicely for MMZ 3.
9 out of 10

Difficulty: Easier than the first game, the final boss is a joke. Overall it's fairly decent, there are some parts that are not though.
12 out of 15

Total: 85.5/100 = 85.5 %

Overall a vast improvement.

Positive: Phoenix 'WIP3' Magnion, if I was him I'd watch out for impaling sticks.

Negative: That frog that says and I do quote "GHETTO GHETTO GHETTO".