• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:04:56 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

The_None's random shit

Started by The_None, January 06, 2008, 02:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_None

For those who don't know, I'm still experimenting with diffrent vector skeleton methods, and made a few of them. And - as usual - I'm not sure in which of them I get proportions and stuff closest to right.

The base of the first skeleton is that *G-Word* Blue Cyborg from something even crappier than Shaq Fu (and no, I'm not planning to convert this guy or anyone from ROTR, don't worry). The second base is Rouga from Big Bang Beat. The third one.....is actually drawn on paper by one of Most_Mysterious's classmates. Below, you can see how Most_Mysterious tried to pull of using this proportionbase (on paper as well. Man, I must suck hard when I did not decide a scanner for Christmas)

Also, straight out of boredom, I've slowly crafted (but did not yet complete with it, so the "hair" looks like it is) a sprite from one of my previous skeletons (that was posted only on RandomSelect forums before....).
->
And by the way......

"I AM A KICK IN YOUR ASS."

Jesuszilla

Not a bad start. However, it's mainly applying something on top of the skeleton that will be the challenge. That and making them without a base, but hey, the bases are just for practice anyway. :P

I can't remember if that skeleton that you just made into something was made from scratch or not though. Was it?

I am curious not only as to what you will make based on a vector skeleton, but also as to what you will do with that shoe. o_O

Just try to keep things peaceful.

The_None

Quote from: Jesuszilla on January 06, 2008, 06:09:32 PM
I can't remember if that skeleton that you just made into something was made from scratch or not though. Was it?
In some cases I "traced" the skeletons from the screenshots, but it's still kinda from scratch.
If you're referring to the fourth one (the one with that "sword" thing), I used this to craft the "fifth" (not counting that drawing on paper) sprite.
Quote from: Jesuszilla on January 06, 2008, 06:09:32 PMI am curious not only as to what you will make based on a vector skeletons, but also as to what you will do with that shoe. o_O
As I still have the .psp files of these skeletons, I can make many more frames of animation just by manipulating the vectors themselves. Anyway, these might be obviously for the characters,even the Shoe sprite. Speaking of that shoe......

1.I took many pictures of one of Most_Mysterious's own left shoe, and retraced one of them. Also, the shoe itself isn't made from the vectors, only the robotic arm, a glove, and - to some extent - it's eye.
2.Did I just mentioned Most_Mysterious? Anyway, MM himself used to make one "Boot with boxing gloves" character that was never seen to light (i mean, no screenshots of the character got into the public). This boot apparently is in the roster of the still imaginary full game project idea of mine that is somewhat a tribute to few of MM's abandoned characters. More of them later, for now you can take a look to the topic I've created on one of Polish forums If you're interested.
3.Also, If I ever get to make an original character using one of these vector skeletons, I'll probably leave the sprites unshaded, leaving a shading (and making other tweaks to the sprites as well) job(s) to somebody else. I just don't think I'll ever be a good spriter at all....

The_None

That's poor me again, still struggling to figure out various techniques to make character skeletons. This time I've tried the method consisting of stamping various ellipse shapes (the "fourth sprite" is a sheet of sorts, minus the additional leg, foot, arm and hand, of course) onto the intended pose, from what I'm able to tell. Even if I could sacrifice a little bit of realism for a bit of style, i still consider the basics of anatomy (and some other stuff) so important that I need to know if I did things right before advancing further.

And yes, I'm going lo-res for this time, actually generated the shapes from KFM, and generally made them with psp.

The_None

Bump (again) because of the lack of response, I gonna show you another thing, out of boredom:

It's basically an unfinished example of what I could make from the method of the previous post. However, my worsening motivational condition that just screams ".....I just can't do it!" caused me to abandon this thingy until I get sure that the sprite/silhouette's development is in the good way (and I hope you guys can help me out this time).

Insanius

As far as I can tell, you've got the form down just fine so the next step from there would have to be detail.  I'd say more but:

1 - I'm still learning myself
2 - Only repeated practice yields results

The_None

Meanwhile, seems like I need a waaaay more talented spriter to help me on this, as I CAN'T FRIGGIN' EDIT KFM AT ALL. DEFINATELY NOT WITH MY LACK OF UNDERSTANDING ELECBYTE'S SPRITING STYLE, as the following will show it a LOT.

Insanius

Arms do not curve, they bend at the elbow.  Once you've fixed that, you've basically improved on the style, as KFM is supposed to lack detail such as clothing folds.

The_None

Frankesprited his right arm from certain other sprite just to see how'd look like, completely redrawn his left arm (sans the hand) and legs in an attempt to make them stiffer, and tried to reshade in the attempt to make it more faithful to KFM's (I just don't think I'd feel like reshading his every other sprite just to match them my style). Unsurprisingly, it still doesn't look right.

Jesuszilla

Arms need to be more rectangular-shaped, right leg needs to be wider, and check your light source because shading is inconsistent. Have one of KFM's sprites right beside you while you're working on it.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

The_None

I'm just wondering if anybody of you know someone who would be able to sprite anything with a style at least resembling KFM's sprite style, as something tells me I may give up at editing KFM. I just don't think I would be able to edit characters made in the style I'm not familiar with at all. I blame elecbyte for never spriting the man from the behind. (These pencil drawings from KFM's ending are the only pictures we see KFM from back).

But in case you're wondering how I've left it, here you go: Unshaded, and in original KFM palette.

K.O.D

The_None

References are as good as my ability to translate various spritestyles, so that's why I'm putting the following (decided to completely redraw) in unfinished state (to see if I got the proportions elecbyte-esque-right) before I continue.