• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:04:19 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Cvs Sagat updated to 3.8 9-16-2008

Started by kamekaze, December 10, 2007, 08:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamekaze

December 10, 2007, 08:23:56 PM Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:13:49 PM by kamekaze
this sagat is nothing like the one before. which is why i put both links up for people who dont want the new version. the newer version plays exactly like the one on cvs 2 with small margin of error. that is in ex-groove of course. just about everything from cvs2 is in here.
alot of things from the previous version are removed as you see below. but dont worry this sagat is much better to play as in my opinion. did i mention the AI is fair and H-A-R-D Hard? good luck all. the link of course is in my sig.

progress 3.8

things implemented:
AI update
super to hyper chaining allowed
width issues fixed
roll slowed down

http://kamekaze.club-syndicate.net/

UHMEEEEBA

kamekaze

whoops i forgot about that well its there now

Jesuszilla

This plays nothing like Sagat does in CvS2

• Sprites have a BAD case of misalignment.
    • He's missing TONS of animation frames.
    • Incorrect animation timings for Sagat.
    • Incorrect animation timings for the jump dust.
    • Where is Tiger Uppercut? That's one of Sagat's most important moves.
    • Super effects are improperly scaled
    • Sagat's sprites are not scaled on the x-axis.
    • Basic velocities are incorrect. Jump, run, walk, ALL of them.
    • Why do two sounds play on the heavy version of standing Tiger Shot?
    • Incorrect longjump sound.
    • Missing sounds.
    • Many sounds sound low-quality and improperly ripped.
    • Hit velocities are off. WAY off. Especially for Tiger Genocide.
    • Tiger Crush does not go that high, nor does it land that fast.
    • y-accel is wrong
    • There is no damage dampener.
    • No basic cancels? I can't combo with this Sagat!
    • I should not be able to hit an opponent in the air with a basic more than once. Additionally, there should be no cornerpush when you hit someone in the air while you are standing.
    • I should not be able to juggle after Tiger Crush.
    • MAX mode lasts too long.
    • I'm still in MAX mode after using a super? The hell?

Sorry, but this Sagat plays NOTHING like he does in CvS2. You're a LONG ways off from finishing this or having anything decent. At this point you're going to have to totally remake him, especially considering how badly misaligned his sprites are.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

kamekaze

December 10, 2007, 10:59:45 PM #4 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 04:09:17 PM by Jesuszilla
reply (sorry, can't restore it. >.<)

Jesuszilla

December 11, 2007, 04:08:41 PM #5 Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 01:27:27 PM by Jesuszilla
Argh shit, I hit modify instead of reply. >.<

Anyway:
Quote from: Jesuszilla on December 10, 2007, 09:44:37 PM

• Sprites have a BAD case of misalignment.
they are too high on the y-axis. im aware and planned on fixing it. however i forgot about it
Not just the y-axis. Even X.

• He's missing TONS of animation frames.
where?
Walking animation, for one. I wouldn't doubt that they'd be missing in other places. it could just be the terrible alignment and timings though.

• Incorrect animation timings for the jump dust.
some help would be appriciated. as a matter of fact i wanted to add you on my msn,but you never accepted my invites. if you did we could have worked these out before i released it.
1. I never received any invites.
2. You can check with mine.

• Super effects are improperly scaled
once again. some help would be appriciated. just cause i own the game doesnt me i can match the fx scales.
The big blue spark shouldn't even be scaled in the first place!

• Sagat's sprites are not scaled on the x-axis.
further explination pls
In CvS, the characters are scaled to fit the resolution (the character sprites are in the same resolution as MUGEN's, 320x240). After experimentation, I have found they are only scaled on the x-axis. This makes characters whose sprites were for CPS2 hardware (which has a 384x224 resolution) look less fat.

This is the value that I use for the xscale:

xscale = .8333333333333333333333333333333

However, since none of Sagat's effects in CvS2 that are used are reused from SFZ3, then for all explods and helpers, you need to be sure to set the scales to 1. DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS

• Missing sounds.
which ones?
Play CvS2.

• Many sounds sound low-quality and improperly ripped.
i got them from dragoon316. so there isnt much i can do except to find better ones
You own CvS2 for PS2, right? It's not hard to rip his sounds using PSound.

• Tiger Crush does not go that high, nor does it land that fast.
actually it does go that high. when i was playing with him his arms were touching the lifebars. as for the landing i can slow it down
Don't base it on sight.

• y-accel is wrong
where?
His constants?

• MAX mode lasts too long.
when i used it in cvs2 mine was off by a .65 seconds(i had a stop watch)
NO.

You do NOT EVER do that. You're measuring not only the time it took to get to a certain point, but also your reaction time. Human reaction time is surprisingly slow and will get you VERY incorrect measurements. This is basic science.

kamekaze

Quote from: Jesuszilla on December 11, 2007, 04:08:41 PM

Not just the y-axis. Even X.
i see. well this isnt the final version so it can be fixed

Walking animation, for one. I wouldn't doubt that they'd be missing in other places. it could just be the terrible alignment and timings though.
have you looked through the .sff i used pretty much all sprites that i got from TDS's sprite pack. the only sprites i didnt use were the sfa3 fx

1. I never received any invites.
2. You can check with mine.
i tried to add you everytime you and vans was in a convo with that one guy who was making the cvs2 sean sprites and what not. so i was under the assumption that you ignored them. but my email is the same as my msn so add me when you have the time.

The big blue spark shouldn't even be scaled in the first place!

when i was using c-groove the hyper fx were scaled

In CvS, the characters are scaled to fit the resolution (the character sprites are in the same resolution as MUGEN's, 320x240). After experimentation, I have found they are only scaled on the x-axis. This makes characters whose sprites were for CPS2 hardware (which has a 384x224 resolution) look less fat.

This is the value that I use for the xscale:
xscale = .8333333333333333333333333333333

However, since none of Sagat's effects in CvS2 that are used are reused from SFZ3, then for all explods and helpers, you need to be sure to set the scales to 1.
i didnt scale his sprites in the first place. the only thing i tapered with was the hyper fx

Play CvS2.

i have it on my cpu for my DC emu. and yes he is missing some. but at the same time. the sound on my dc emu sux(it chops everynow and then and i wouldnt be able to rip sounds properly).

You own CvS2 for PS2, right? It's not hard to rip his sounds using PSound.
no i dont refer to the reply above.

His constants?
i assume you mean his falling y-accell.

NO.

You do NOT EVER do that. You're measuring not only the time it took to get to a certain point, but also your reaction time. Human reaction time is surprisingly slow and will get you VERY incorrect measurements. This is basic science.
well then like i said with your help i can ensure the next update will fix all this

and there was more stuff i forgot about but will be fixed so yeah pm me if my email is hidden i forgot if it is or not.

kamekaze

Jesuszilla

Better than last time, but...

• Still misalgined.
  • There should not be cornerpush when I hit an aerial opponent, nor should I be able to hit an opponent in the air with a basic more than once EXCEPT in custom combo but that stuff is complicated and honestly is the LAST thing you should be worrying about.
  • Don't base off EX-Groove. Ever.

There's probably more but I'm not in the mood for it right now.

Jango

- Misaligned small portrait
- Horrible, horrible voice quality
- I can chain crouching low kick into itself for an 8-hit combo
- Sagat DOES NOT have MvC style chaining.

More later

kamekaze

Quote from: [Kira] on February 24, 2008, 06:50:42 PM
Better than last time, but...

• Still misalgined.
  • There should not be cornerpush when I hit an aerial opponent, nor should I be able to hit an opponent in the air with a basic more than once EXCEPT in custom combo but that stuff is complicated and honestly is the LAST thing you should be worrying about.
  • Don't base off EX-Groove. Ever.

There's probably more but I'm not in the mood for it right now.

would c-groove do it. its not like i had a guide to follow on this.
Quote from: Jango on February 24, 2008, 07:07:21 PM
- Misaligned small portrait
- Horrible, horrible voice quality
- I can chain crouching low kick into itself for an 8-hit combo
- Sagat DOES NOT have MvC style chaining.

More later

um which ones(group,number) cause i may have forgotten to swap some old ones out with the clean ripped ones i found. and the chaining came from ex-groove which as JZ pointed out shouldnt have been done. and as for the crouching low kick, i am unable to get 8 hits the highest i got was 4

kamekaze

bebop

July 29, 2008, 01:37:12 PM #13 Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 01:41:41 PM by bebop
Hahaha the last time I used your Sagat, he was shorter than WS3's Kyo. Is that fixed yet?
Just keep in mind, Sagat is fast but also a huge bulk of muscle, so say like he shoots a crouching tiger wave, my character runs & jumps over the projectile and I SHOULD be able to have enough time to land an aerial attack no matter what.

However, Sagat has the bullshit trick like shoryuken and can instantly use Tiger Uppercut like right after his Tiger Wave. But don't make this a 100% priority, cause it doesn't always work based on the timing.

In other words, if my character jumped from the far corner of the screen, he can do that trick. If my character was half way close or even closer, he doesnt have a chance of landing it.

kamekaze

Quote from: bebop on July 29, 2008, 01:37:12 PM
Hahaha the last time I used your Sagat, he was shorter than WS3's Kyo. Is that fixed yet?
Just keep in mind, Sagat is fast but also a huge bulk of muscle, so say like he shoots a crouching tiger wave, my character runs & jumps over the projectile and I SHOULD be able to have enough time to land an aerial attack no matter what.

However, Sagat has the bullshit trick like shoryuken and can instantly use Tiger Uppercut like right after his Tiger Wave. But don't make this a 100% priority, cause it doesn't always work based on the timing.

In other words, if my character jumped from the far corner of the screen, he can do that trick. If my character was half way close or even closer, he doesnt have a chance of landing it.
um...what? is this feed back or suggestions?