• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

The tradition is killed and replaced by a even worse (like dumbing down).....

Started by The_None, November 13, 2007, 10:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_None

Fusion

Actually, it just looks like they'll be making the special moves easier to perform.

Don't forget there's also the fact that they'll have a SSF2T mode that has -none- of the gameplay changes, just the art changes.

UHMEEEEBA

WHAT HAVEN'T THEY DONE TO SF2.

But seriously, this is too be expected, game designers coddle gamers too much these days, knew something like this was going to happen when they announced it.

Robert the small

This is why I like Japanese game creators, they don't take bullshit from whiny gamers, If a games tough, Japanese Gamers either Adapt or die.

Jesuszilla

That's the problem with our youth today. You just can't smack 'em and tell them to shut their whore mouths like you used to or you'll be sent to jail.

QuoteThis will get more players interested in the game, eventually leading to more competition.

Uh, yeah, if you want less skill in your competition.

QuoteIt will also get players past the awkward beginner phase faster and into the intermediate phase where the interesting strategy starts to emerge.

I admit, I started out playing MvC with the EASY setup, but what these guys are talking about is EOizing SF2. In CvS2 EO, you could do ANY special or ANY super simply with the tap of the control stick. In MvC, at least they had limitations and could not implement shortcuts for every move, thus giving you an INCENTIVE to fucking move onto the normal controls.

If you're playing CvS2 EO, you're always going to pick the EO settings. Want to know why? Because the classic Xbox controller and the GCN controller fucking SUCK for 2D fighters. Although since this isn't Xbox and GCN we're talking about, maybe this will be different, I don't know.

I just hope that in online matches that they only match up "beginners" with "beginners" and whatnot.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Robert the small

This is the 360 remote, which isn't terrible for 2d Fighters.  I mean sure they can do EO shit (which, I'll bet money they will) so yeah.  SF2 has been properly raped.

The_None

Not to mention that Brasil will be the first to convert SF2HD char, because of all of these reasons......

Also, for some reason this reminds me of: