• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 01:56:12 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

MegaMan Zero

Started by Double, March 21, 2006, 04:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double

March 21, 2006, 04:36:49 PM Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 01:36:49 PM by Phoenix Magnion

Expecting MegaMan X6? WELL YOU'RE WRONG!

Gameplay: Slightly different, in this game the stages for the most part are optional, because they are missions. If you fail a mission, you might lose an elemental upgrade or a weapon. After that, you have Cyber Elves, they give you special abilities like a larger life bar, but you must feed them Energy Crystals, which are tedious to get, which is slightly annoying. After this, there are your weapons; you have 4, the Z-Saber, Z-Buster, TriRod, and Shield Boomerang. These weapons when first got are weak and slow, they must be upgraded by using them repeatedly, again a tad tedious. The Z-Saber is going to be your primary weapon, which you can now finally charge. The Z-Buster is weak, the TriRod is slow, and well the Shield Boomerang gets a lot of hate, but I find it immensely useful, blocking projectiles is almost too cheap. Finally you can upgrade your charge powers to deal elemental damage, which works more effectively on some bosses; these upgrades must be obtained however by beating certain bosses. Overall it's a fairly decent start to the series, could use some improvement.
16 out of 20

Music: A tad on the technoish side, it does have its fair share of good music though. Its boss theme, Crash, is one of my all time favorites.
13 out of 15

Translation: Well...

Ok the second one really isn't a bad translation, it's just kinky. Anyways, the translation fortunately only has a few typos, although their choice of wording could also be better,

7.5 out of 10

Length: Like X5, and 6, slightly variable, you could bomb all the missions and then go on to the final stages in no time. Or do all the stages, your choice.
15 out of 15

Rehash Factor: MegaMan Zero is odd in the fact as far as I know, besides X2, it is the only MegaMan to REHASH FROM ITS SELF. I'm referring to the fact some stages are used for more than one mission! This is quite noticeable in the fact that you go to the dessert FOUR FUCKING TIMES, the intro stage twice, and the Factory twice. Not rehashing from itself, there is also a remix of Zero's theme from MegaMan X1 in the intro stage, a tad on the silly side. Besides that most of the content is new, recycling things from its self though is a tad weird and cost a few points.
11 out of 15

Plot: Not too bad I guess for the start of the series. A tad on the cliché side I suppose but it sets up the series nicely.
9 out of 10

Difficulty: A tad on the difficult side with the way lives work. In addition some of the older MegaMan gamers may have problems here as the Z-Buster flat out sucks. The Cyber elves do offer some alleviation of the difficulty, at the price of your score, and gaining Energy Crystals is tedious work.
10 out of 15

Total: 81.5/100 = 81.5 %

A fairly decent start for the series actually

Positive: SHIELD BOOMERANG!

Negative: The fact that everyone ignores the following quote and think Ciel's a reploid: