• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 12:04:50 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

MegaMan Xtreme

Started by Double, March 21, 2006, 04:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double

March 21, 2006, 04:35:51 PM Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 01:25:13 PM by Phoenix Magnion

The first attempt at a GameBoy game for the X series, the result however, is quite abysmal.

Gameplay: So, you have your typical X series things you know and love, Dr. Light has his Capsule's, there's heart tanks, and the sub tanks. Dr. Light also has capsule's that let you summon Zero to do one of his X4 moves, while it adds something new it makes no sense what so ever. Because of the fact this game is on the GameBoy, you have to press forward twice to dash or use the select button, which is a tad on the silly side. Overall it's painful.
15 out of 20

Music: The soundtrack for this game includes raped versions of tracks from MegaMan X and MegaMan X2, overall it's painful.
5 out of 15

Translation: "Let's relax and see his action", I think that speaks for the translation. There are a lot of lines in here that make no sense.
2 out of 10

Length: Quite odd. You play through the game twice, each time there are only 4 Mavericks in each difficulty. But the fortress stages are the same exact thing. Then you can unlock Extreme Mode which functions like a traditional X game with all 8 Mavericks selectable. It's still a rather silly take on the old GameBoy format.
12 out of 15

Rehash Factor: There are only two new things in the game, Zain and Geemel, besides that everything else is rehashed. The stages are bastardized versions of the SNES counterparts, and the bosses fight nearly the exact same way. Zain and Geemel are not enough to warrant a high score here.
0 out of 15

Plot: This plot sounds like a bad rip off of a movie. Basically there is this evil dude Techno and he's hacked the Maverick Hunter's computers and put in digital recreations of events from the first two X games in it. So then you have to go through those to get to clear out the computer and stuff. Then you get to Techno's place and shoot him (totally out of character for X). And then OH NOES its Sigma. Then Gemmel shows up and does the same thing over again and oh it's Sigma again, yay. Seriously, this plot sucks.
0 out of 10

Difficulty: It's not too difficult I guess. If you try to play Hard Mode without using previous data you will have to fight Armored Armadillo without Spark Mandrill's weapon, which is never fun.
12 out of 15

Total: 46/100 = 46 %

I'm still kind of surprised Capcom stooped this low, chopping up two great games and throwing them together expecting a good result.

Positive: Uh... erm... ehh... Chill Penguin I guess?

Negative: Almost no new content.