• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 11:05:47 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

DMMZ series to end if ZXA doesn't sell more than 100,000

Started by Fusion, August 22, 2007, 09:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

What good news this is.

I seriously like ZXA.  THe story's also interesting, and I would appreciate new characters plus an expansion of why Model A exists.  And for god's sake, let us just use Model Z already so the fanboys will quit bitching their royal hearts out because they can't play as their favorite bishonen.

UHMEEEEBA

... you played the game right Albert made Model A so he could study transforming powers so he could give it to DAN-000.

Fusion

That doesn't explain the origin of his research.  Surely he couldn't have just up and thought "Oh, I think I'll try transforming powers now, 'cause I'm bored."

UHMEEEEBA

August 22, 2007, 10:38:39 AM #3 Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 10:46:05 AM by Gilgamesh
It's Capcom thats as much of an explination as you're going to get, he wanted DAN-000 to transform so he made Model A, nothing more or less.

Besides Albert's dead the next game would be about Thomas.

Fusion

Capcom usually doesn't leave a gaping hole in the origin of something.  They usually give some kind of vague implication of it at the very least.

Heck, Godot was a complete mystery in GS3 until he told us about what happened... And the flashback case of who he was before the visor.

UHMEEEEBA

What universe are you from where Capcom explains things?

Do we know what happened to the Classic series characters in the X series? No.

Do we know what happened to the X series characters in the Zero series? No with two exceptions.

Logically Capcom isn't going to explain how Model A was created, deal with it.

Fusion

Counting X and Zero as "exceptions" makes your second question invalid.

We'd learn what happened to Megaman & co if Inafune got a chance to continue the remake series.

UHMEEEEBA

It's not going to happen, so my point still stands.

Capcom isn't going to fill in the plot details when they could just leave them blank to justify sequels where they still don't answer the questions.

Fusion

Neon, just think of this.

WHere would we be without ZX?

We'd be stuck with Star Force.

Daimon

Quote from: Fox McCloud on August 22, 2007, 01:55:14 PM
Neon, just think of this.

WHere would we be without ZX?

We'd be stuck with Star Force.
What's Star Force ?.... Oh my god....

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

I'm not arguing about the ZX series being bad, I'm arguing about how you're plot expectations are just too unrealistic given this is Capcom.

The plot will suck and have holes no matter what, and Capcom won't fully explain models besides LOL A SCIENTIST DID IT BECAUSE.

Fusion

ZX is the most plot-coherent of the MM series to date.

UHMEEEEBA

Fusion

Must we duel over opinion?  *waits for thread saying 'FOX VS. NEON GOOOOOOO'*

THough it's true.  Something's better than nothing.

...Though I can still tie a rockman-related plot together better than anything.  At least, when it comes to my own characters.