• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 06:21:22 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

A lesson in Capitalization

Started by Fusion, August 01, 2007, 02:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

August 01, 2007, 02:35:50 PM Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 02:39:15 PM by Fox McCloud
Hello, kids, it's time for Fox to teach you a tip about speaking on the internet without being laughed at like a guy who has a pink PSP that has a flower in place of the PSP logo.  Which is very, very, disturbing.  You deserve to be shot if you have a PSP like that.

See, kids, this is just an example, that if you dont' wanna get laughed at, you've gotta make your comments look like a textbook, which isn't that hard.

See, Capitalization is the difference between...

'I helped my uncle Jack off a horse"

and

"I helped my uncle jack off a horse"

See the astounding difference?  Did you help your uncle get off of the horse?  Or did you and your uncle make the horse feel good?  How it sounds is up to you.  Meaning does not convey over MSN.  Or Yahoo.  Or MySpace.  Or Google.  Or anything.  Everything is open to interpretation.

To some of you out there, this article could be one big innuendo, even this sentence could be one.  If you think that's bad, then get lost, and not in the voids of my eyes, but preferably in the void of your basement.  Without a light, even.

So remember, speak well, speak clearly, and in no time you'll be kicking digital puppies and getting off the hook because you can speak computer English!

Jesuszilla

Saw that same quote on Bash, etc. etc.... I could go on all day on grammar lessons.

Just try to keep things peaceful.