• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 11:56:32 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

MegaMan III (Gameboy)

Started by Double, March 21, 2006, 04:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double

March 21, 2006, 04:24:18 PM Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 07:41:24 PM by Double

MegaMan III was the first of the Game Boy games Capcom put any real effort into. It's still going to be worse than its NES counterparts but at least they tried this time.

Gameplay: For the most part Capcom noticed the Monochrome problem and most of the backgrounds in this game are done in a way not to screw with the foreground. While the screen size issue wasn't resolved (and never was actually) it made up for it by not trying to go insane with the amount of shit on screen this time.
17 out of 20

Music: Going back to the format of MegaMan: Dr. Wily's Revenge, this game remixes the various NES stage music. In addition as a nice touch the MM3 Robot Masters have the MM3 Boss music, while the MM4 Robot Masters have the MM4 Boss music. Oh, and SparkMan's theme.
15 out of 15

Translation: Still nothing to translate.
0 out of 0

Length: In addition to having as many stages as its predecessor, it also has a mid stage after the MM3 guys. It also features one insanely long final stage.
13 out of 15

Rehash Factor: We've got your 8 returning bosses alongside there music. There are three new bosses this time however, so it isn't as bad as its predecessors. In addition some stages are slightly different then their NES counterparts, notably SnakeMan's.
8 out of 15

Plot: At the time I first heard this plot I thought it sounded silly. Anyways, Wily took over an Oil Platform and is using to both power his newest robots and to raise gas... oh wait that last one is OPEC sorry guys. Anyways, this actually makes sense for a take over the world scheme I guess; its silly but hey at least there isn't any time travel.
7 out of 10

Difficulty: Punk, like ElecMan can kill you in three hits. Unlike ElecMan he has no real weakness. Needless to say it's a tad cheesy. The rest of the game is easy enough.
13 out of 15

Total: 73/90 = 81.111111111111111111111111111111 %

Overall it could have been slightly better but still fairly decent.

Positive: 4 MegaMan 4 Robot Masters anyone?

Negative: Punk is mean.