• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 04:24:28 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Playstation 3 price drop a ripoff?

Started by Fusion, July 17, 2007, 11:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

Recently, there has been a lot of speculation going around Sony's intention to remove the 20 gb model of the PS3.  Since the stocks have sold out, Sony's new intention is to shove the 60 gb PS3 out at a price of $499. 

HOWEVER, Sony is also coming out with a newer model: An 80 GB PS3 for what else?  599 U.S Dollars.  So what does that mean?  Well... Sony's getting a bit uppity.

UHMEEEEBA

Would you rather they kept the price the same and charged $ 699 USD for the 80 GB?

Yeah I didn't think so.

Jesuszilla

It dropped. Still not buying it, have Wii, 360, fuck SCEA, etc.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Alik

im a huge nintendo fan and been against sony from entering the game industry from day one i was afraid they'd monopolize the gaming industry, for a time it seemed they did but thankfully nintendo has broken that hold.

If nintendo wants to stay on top though they need keep making good innovative games (MP3 ftw!) spiderman 3 on the wii was a joke as for the price on ps3

business has picked up at gamestop for the ps3 since the price was cut still not as good as the wii's sales but theyre starting to catch up

a sig i borrowed from killing ifrit lol the guy at the wheel is ff11 charrie looks like^^

UHMEEEEBA

I still think this console generation sucks, hard.

Jesuszilla

Wii still owns all, 360 still has time and I think it has potential, and PS3 is just gonna bomb.

UHMEEEEBA

Winning this console race is like winning the special olympics. You're still retarded.

Alik

the only game im looking forward to on ps3 is also coming out on 360 which is RE5, and while i think MGS series is good i still think its over rated which doesnt leave a whole lot to be desired on the ps3, It just seems that sony has been counting on mgs4 to sell the system since the system was first announced

a sig i borrowed from killing ifrit lol the guy at the wheel is ff11 charrie looks like^^

Jesuszilla

shiro

I don't know. I'm still planning on buying it. If Microsoft had a wider range of developer support I'd be content with the 360 and the Wii. I've been seeing almost nothing but FPS's from Microsoft, and I'm not a huge fan of them. I did enjoy Halo and Gears of War though.

Sony usually tends to have the widest range of games. So far I'm looking forward to Tekken 6, FFXIII, God of War 3 and possibly that RPG-ish game where you take on the role of a reporter in a haunted mansion or something. (Can't remember the name)

Jesuszilla

Sounds like a ripoff of The 11th Hour if you ask me.

Alik

yeah but those games you mentioned have been talked about for quite a while now, you're gonna be waiting on those games for quite a while longer

shiro

Yeah, most of those aren't scheduled to come out until sometime next year. I don't expect Tekken 6 before October. It just came out in the arcades in Shibuya a week or so ago. (I think) Who knows when FFXIII will be out, and for all I know it'll end up being ported to the 360. lol I think I'll just wait a while longer.