• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:44:32 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Fox and Windows Vista

Started by Fusion, April 28, 2007, 01:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

My only complaint is it randomly assigns images from other folders as previews for folders without images in them.

Fusion

Okay, so, for those of you who think that the search is a piece of utter crap based on my previous complaint about it, I've learned how to use and now I have a different opinion.

Windows Vista's search feature is extremely revamped, having been integrated into Windows Explorer.  Let's say you can't remember where a file is but know you left it in Folder A.  You know it's in Folder A, you just don't know where (let's say there's lots of files).  You can type in the search box the name of the file you're looking for and it will only search within that folder, searching through all of the subfolders to find that file.  You can also make it search for files with a certain extension like classic times, it will search all folders for files with that extension.

It's nifty.  Very very nifty, and the fact it's integrated into Windows Explorer makes searching so much the easier.  But the standard search has been so ripped to shreds because it does the polar opposite of what the Explorer search does: It only searches in that folder you chose and that folder alone, no subfolders or anything which gets annoying as f*** because if you're trying to look for a file you'll end up looking foolish when it tells you that all it found was a twig and a rock.

Jesuszilla

Doesn't it already do that with XP's search?

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Yeah, but now it does it with better graphics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111011!!!!!!eleventy-one!!!