• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 05:34:52 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

MegaMan 6

Started by Double, March 21, 2006, 02:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double

March 21, 2006, 02:58:29 PM Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 10:30:50 PM by Phoenix Magnion

Ah MegaMan 6, the game Capcom almost didn't release in America and was localized by Nintendo. So how did this go? Well let's just say some consider this game to be the Rodney Dangerfield of MegaMan games.

Gameplay: For the most part same old, same old. The only new things it really introduced were the Jet and Power Armors which are the game's saving grace here. However even with that, the weapons in this game are pretty uninspired and, are not very fun to use. The Silver Tomahawk is probably the best one in the game. The stages are ok for the most part the only potentially annoying one being PlantMan's due to the springs. The bosses are all fairly easy, with the possible expectation of TomahawkMan if you aren't good enough.
17 out of 20

Music: Like MegaMan 5, this games music just isn't as memorable. Not much one can really do about that. It does however have one of my favorite boss themes, however one song does not a good soundtrack make.
13 out 15

Translation: I have but one thing to say.

8 out of 10

Length: Same thing as the past two games.
12 out of 15

Rehash Factor: The Plant Barrier and the final boss are about it.
13 out of 15

Plot: Ok, barring the fact that Capcom had done the whole scapegoat thing the last two games. Mr. X LOOKS like Dr. Wily in the intro, the whole him manipulating Wily was obviously a front and we find out he's Wily. No surprise and almost no plot.
4 out of 10

Difficulty: I also thought this one was a tad too easy, maybe a bit harder than 5, but only a bit.
11 out of 15

Total: 78/100 = 78 %

Decent Gameplay, but its plot really dragged it down.

Positive: Silver Tomahawk

Negative: Plot.