• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 11:42:40 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Diet MegaMan Zero 2

Started by Neon_Tiger, January 16, 2007, 12:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

I'd like to point out the scene he is talking about in MegaMan seven isn't in the original Japanese version and thus is sort of rendered null and void cannon wise.

Alik

oh sorry yeah i meant mm7 sorry was getting rdy for class at the time of the post, but yeah i digress the text in english was altered a bit, but yeah basic point is he was gonna kill wily which is a nono for robots, which i think is again why light seals X in the capsule. Idk its just pure speculation on my part but itd be fricking awesome if true

a sig i borrowed from killing ifrit lol the guy at the wheel is ff11 charrie looks like^^

Jesuszilla

Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 01, 2007, 03:22:53 PM
I'd like to point out the scene he is talking about in MegaMan seven isn't in the original Japanese version and thus is sort of rendered null and void canon-wise.
Fixed.

So wait, basically, the ending is the same, only in the English they added that in? What a bunch of shit.

UHMEEEEBA

Yeah, MegaMan walks towards Wily a bit and then Bass comes in. MegaMan and Wily don't say jack shit. I guess we can blame the addition on Asimov as Wily mentions the laws of robotics, a relatively American concept.

The Weapon get scenes were also different MegaMan would randomly talk with either Roll or Auto and they'd make a bad joke... Auto also ends his sentences with "dasu". You can read translated versions of those Here if you're interested.

There's a few other differences but they're hardly worth mentioning.

Alik

thats odd i heard the ending just had different text in the ending, ive never seen the jp ending so i guess i couldnt say for sure

a sig i borrowed from killing ifrit lol the guy at the wheel is ff11 charrie looks like^^

Jesuszilla

Don't you mean, "desu," Neon?

UHMEEEEBA

The translator translated it as "dasu" so I don't know.

Jesuszilla

Looks like it is indeed "dasu." NM.

Alik

well da is plain form desu, but i dont know any dasu, i suppose its probably another mistranslation idk