• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 08:23:00 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

MegaMan 4

Started by Double, March 21, 2006, 02:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double

March 21, 2006, 02:57:35 PM Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 09:17:08 PM by Double

This game holds a special place in my... wait... I'm a head I don't have a heart. Well regardless this was the first MegaMan game I have ever played and thus is one of my personal favorites.

Gameplay: This was what I consider to be the first modern MegaMan game as it introduced the Charge Shot, which has become a staple of the series. However the huge amount of final stages with no passwords, (which also became a staple) could be seen as difficult to some. Those people suck however.
18 out of 20

Music: While the music was a step down from its predecessor MegaMan 3, this game still had some decent music, notably the Cossack Stages. It takes a noticeable hit though as the NES hardware makes it sound slightly grainy.
13 out of 15

Translation: No noticeable typos.
10 out of 10

Length: Many people think this is shorter than MegaMan 3 because it lacks the Doc Robot stages, however it makes up with it by having two fortresses. It's a good length but many might find the amount of final stages a tad tedious.
12 out of 15

Rehash Factor: This was the first game to reuse the boss selected music. Besides that several of the weapons from the bosses are similar to ones from MegaMan 2, specifically the Flash Stopper, Skull Barrier, Pharaoh Wave, and Drill Bomb. Besides that though, the game had mostly new content.
13 out 15

Plot: Ok, lets be honest, the whole "ZOMG ITS A NEW VILLIAN... OH WAIT ITS REALLY WILY/SIGMA/THE WWW/WEIL ZOMG!" thing has been done to death. But this was the first game that tried it. However at the time this was fairly new and Dr. Wily was believed to have been dead being crushed with a block at the end of MegaMan 3, so it isn't that bad.
7.5 out of 10

Difficulty: Fairly good, not too hard, could have been better though.
13 out of 15

86.5/100 = 86.5 %

Pity I thought this would get higher *sniff*.

Positive: That ToadMan guy Neon Bastard likes is in this.

Negative: DustMan's stage inspired Metal Pancake Hell in MegaMan X6.