• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 01:43:36 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

MegaMan 2

Started by Double, March 21, 2006, 02:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double

March 21, 2006, 02:56:21 PM Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 09:00:52 PM by Double

Some consider MegaMan 2 to be hands down the best MegaMan game ever. While I personally think it had some faults it was a fairly good game an improvement on its predecessor.

Gameplay: MegaMan 2 fixed some of the problems MegaMan 1 had, notably the lack of any way to continue, MegaMan 2 introduced the password system. The game also had some more fun weapons to use than its predecessor (Metal Blade), and was arguably more challenging.
19 out of 20

Music: Like MegaMan 1 this game has its fair share of decent tracks; including Wily Castle Stage's I and II, which may argue to be the greatest piece of Video Game music ever. However, the second set of Wily stages left much to be desired.
14 out of 15

Translation: Besides creating the whole CrashMan/ClashMan issue, this games translation had no grammatical errors.
10 out of 10

Length: MegaMan 2 established the traditional MegaMan game length of 8 bosses followed by a fortress, and thus is considered to be of average length.
15 out of 15

Rehash Factor: Besides the Metools and Sniper Joe's this game had none.
15 out of 15

Plot: The plot of MegaMan 2 is the obligatory revenge story that almost every video game series has, it's not very original. This is typically the plot of nearly all sequels which causes some point dockage.
7 out of 10

Difficulty: This varies, as the American version had a difficulty setting. This game isn't that bad but I have seen several people be annoyed by QuickMan's stage.
13 out of 15

Total: 93 out of 100 = 93 %

This game is indeed a classic.

Positive: Wily Castle Stage I and II music.

Negative: This introduced Force Beams.