• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 08:03:52 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

BMP -> PCX

Started by Daimond, October 13, 2006, 10:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daimond

Is there a way to batch convert a bunch of BMP image files? Or will i have to individually change and save everyone?

Jesuszilla

Okay, it'd be easier if you created an action to do this. To do so (this assumes you already made a palette for all the images in .act format or whatever):

1. Open up ONE of the images that you want to use.
2. In Photoshop, go to Window > Actions.
3. Look to your right. An Actions tab should be open. Highlight the folder-looking thing that says Default Actions.atn.
4. Way below that, you should see a little piece of paper-looking thing. If you hover over it, it should say "Create new action". Click it.
5. Name it, then click Record.
6. Go to Image > Mode > Indexed Color, and in the drop-down menu, click custom, and then click load.
7. Browse for the palette file you want to use, and click OK.
8. Once you've applied the palette, Go to File > Save As > ZSoft PCX
9. Save that file.
10. In the the actions window, click on the Stop playing/recording button.
11. Now, go to File > Batch
12. In the Actions drop-down menu, select the action you just created.
13. Select Folder as the source, and click Choose to browse for the folder your BMPs are in.
14. Do the same for destination.
15. ?
16. Profit!

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Cloudius

I believe the fast way to me anyway is to use infarview.

Ryodragoon

is this why some of my characters that I download show up discolored?

UHMEEEEBA

That might have to do with pallete sharing in the .sff file.

... it's been a while sense I've done MUGEN so I'm not sure thats right.

Jesuszilla

Neon's right. That usually has to do with people making some sprites "shared." Can usually easily be fixed.

Gamesmaster

QuoteNeon's right. That usually has to do with people making some sprites "shared." Can usually easily be fixed.

Uhmm hate to take over someone else's topic but how?I'm tired of all my characters being blue.

Jesuszilla

In Fighter Factory, open the SFF. Find the first sprite where the problem starts, and look to the left. There should be a box that says "Shared Palette." Uncheck it. Save SFF. It ought to be fixed. If not, take a few screens of Fighter Factory and maybe we can identify it.

Gamesmaster

Sorry for the newbie replies but "Fighter Factory??" I'm assuming that's a app that's seperate from Mugen right??Because I'm not seeing it in any of the WinMugen files so far.

Jesuszilla

Indeed. There should be a link to it on RandomSelect.