• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:04:40 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

ITT: Sonic Games

Started by Fusion, March 02, 2008, 03:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

November 11, 2014, 06:45:13 PM #750 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 06:48:18 PM by Jesuszilla
I have not heard a single positive thing about this game, which is sad. SEGA's actually been on the ball with making good Sonic games recently... until this. I thought it might not be too bad despite the awkward redesigns, but I'm glad I held out.

And when you beat the game 100%, there's this:

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal 3DS - Party at Amy's House!

Just remember:

Somebody thought of this.
Somebody animated this.
Somebody programmed this.

And they thought, "Yeah, people will watch this and legitimately enjoy it."

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

SEGA didn't even send out review copies for Sonic Boom. Even fucking Sonic 06 had review copies sent. Once reviewers actually get to it, it's gonna get torn to shreds.

The lack of QA on this game is pretty amazing, I mean come on Knuckles can fucking infinite jump by pausing how did no one find that?

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U) - Infinite Height Exploit (Sequence Breaks Are Doable)

Jesuszilla

The worst part about this is that if they're not sending out review copies, that means they know it was a piece of crap that shouldn't have been released in its current state.

The big question is, why? The last few Sonic games were all GOOD from what I recall people saying. Why would they do this?

Also...

Apparently the game had only one QA tester. What the fuck.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Brandy Bogard

Quote from: Jesuszilla on November 11, 2014, 06:45:13 PM
I have not heard a single positive thing about this game, which is sad. SEGA's actually been on the ball with making good Sonic games recently... until this. I thought it might not be too bad despite the awkward redesigns, but I'm glad I held out.

And when you beat the game 100%, there's this:

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal 3DS - Party at Amy's House!

Just remember:

Somebody thought of this.
Somebody animated this.
Somebody programmed this.

And they thought, "Yeah, people will watch this and legitimately enjoy it."

stephen hawking has better dance moves than this shit
[spoiler][/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

November 14, 2014, 08:05:26 PM #754 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 08:09:01 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Quote from: Jesuszilla on November 13, 2014, 10:11:14 PM
The worst part about this is that if they're not sending out review copies, that means they know it was a piece of crap that shouldn't have been released in its current state.

The big question is, why? The last few Sonic games were all GOOD from what I recall people saying. Why would they do this?

Holiday season and the fact the cartoon for Sonic Boom launched and the franchise was originally made with the cartoon in mind.

The game is the shitty licensed tie in for the cartoon.

As predicted now that reviewers are starting to review it, it's taking a beating. Right now it's rated worse than Sonic 06. That's not too impressive when you consider there's only five reviews but still.