• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 04:49:55 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Legendary Terry Bogard (Update Thread)

Started by Demonkai, January 21, 2014, 07:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demonkai

January 21, 2014, 07:42:18 PM Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:18:35 PM by Demonkai
Whats up forum. been eons since i been here active but im still in the loop though with all the cool stuff the squad here produces

I just wanted to share here also a "short summary" of what ive been fixing and updating with this mad man of a character creation ive done that everyone loves and hates. Wanted to show some of the pros here i at least listened to most of the rants of the mob out there on things that needed to be either better or more consistent. i have my own vibe and style but when it comes down to big bugs trust me im aware of them half the time or haven't seen it yet to nail it. Its either i have the knowledge to fix them or i dont know how or dont have time to fix it. BUT since the release of this final version last year i went through major fixes & changes and hit some decent milestones as far as learning to fix  bugs better. There were a lot i hated seeing in my character and i couldnt fix before since i didnt know how to......it wasnt easy^^

Get Both Winmugen & 1.0 Versions here at my NEW site (3/10/14)
https://sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen/

NOTE!!: READ the details on the left side character section on the details of the two versions at my site. each differ from the other in certain ways.

heres the summary of Fixes. late last year and fairly recent:

[spoiler]-Extra codes unused removed. there was a lot i didnt realize i left not connected to anything inside his helper or sharing numbers of other states

-ALL unused FX and sprites removed (yeah there were a lot in there when i released it)

-More sounds removed. some changed

-More FX that were being used are now removed. Example:
GGX flames BG and many others

-Certain FX bugs fixed. one example is the qeyser quake smoke blast
removed the bad glitch color one with the a fixed version. Others were re adjusted and coded better

-Official NEW end battle win state Cinema animation added in along with "Oh Angel" short theme

-All new hit sparks

-ALL Super charge FX totally re placed

-Hyper charge for Lily portrait re coded to animate with zoom better

-Midnight Bliss animation FINALLY added in! :=D:

-Shock hit animation FINALLY added in!  :=D: (Under observation to be color edited though maybe)

-Fixes to Terrys hit animations of AIR file sprites heavily updated

-Fixes to Terrys reaction to ALL midnight bliss attacks.

-Fixes to his hit animations when hes thrown or grabbed by certain isolated issues VS characters like R@ce's marco. i thought it was his character but it was an isolated bug issue my terry had on default VS him. Coding is tricky like that ive learned where you must to test your character versus a wide variety of character attacks.

-ISOLATED KO lie dead bug versus certain character types totally fixed properly so that on default it doesnt happen if the enemy character is coded a certain way. One example is VS don drago Ryu. so if he ever beats terry my terry just lies dead and no custom get up state action

-AI helper trigger refined better

-AI updated in various areas. two examples dodge and parry. terry now side steps way more
and parries way more effectively than before. the game one level 8 for best results^^

-Certain attack clsn boxes were removed entirely. one example: is the landing overshift geyser
animation. yes that big huge red box around terrys body some folks cried about is gone

-super raging wolf move revised. The beat down part of the move has been removed. now its just
a super shoulder tackle followed up by the wolf power multiple blasts

-Certain get hit clsn boxes were resized down. one example: is the rising tackle. they are a bit smaller

-Certain moves dont chain into each other like before. I found certain combos ineffective either in
human game play or A.I.

-New crouching heavy punch added in. more of a SF anti jump in keep away punch.
didnt like the idea of sharing the same heavy punch animation for medium and heavy

-parry system totally fined better again in AI and in human game play much smoother and lighter like SF3. I found some things a bit off and codes not connected so i had to start over

-A lot of EX features fixed better. One example: hit pause of EX shatter wave re coded much better

-precision hit counter FX added in and the KOF XII critical counter removed. i didnt like it in the end but
i might use it for something else on a different character. The counter style i may re code it in a certain way later
where it takes away a small percentage of power bar from the enemy if successful

-aggressive counter kick & back hand punch have a hit spark replaced

-aggressive counter kick & back hand punch have been re coded to control and hit better

-Entire human command trigger set revised with more restriction to chain moves. before i had it mistakenly too loose where you can cancel into another move on the fly without contact and just on animation frames. most if not all moves were like that. now i changed that the best way i could (codes still under observation)

-Wolf speed blur revised again but this time by me. Sky79 revamped the first 3 sprites of that i did and now i did the rest since i learned how to index blurred effects without color loss. so the blur of terry when he super dashes now looks clean all the way around.

-Geyser Quake super revised in how the hit effects the enemy. i went back to the old idea that i had before and just made it work a bit better this time. It has a Duel Hit feature..at least thats how i wanted it

Now  when the enemy is up fairly close they cab get knocked off their feet off the ground a bit. I was going to do a C viper hit but i didnt think most would like that deal.

when hes about half a screen across or further enemy can gets stunned and staggered down to the ground from the quake as before. But in the corner they may still experience that effect. i may have to mess with the code more.

damage effects of hit?:

-up close the hit deals more damage than far away. damage raised to a decent level again. its a level 3 super but before it hardly packed a punch after i nerfed it..

-Raging wolf blasts fixed to juggle the enemy entirely now when hit open
[/spoiler]

Some screenshots of various updates:

[spoiler]
I sprite edited a new crouching heavy punch. I like the old SF2 tactics so thats why its there

Midnight Bliss and shock animations (thanks to Sky79) I decided to code in custom screams too for bliss

Video of one here: theres two different kinds of screams that happen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT69l8-Uh40#]www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT69l8-Uh40

All new wall and ground hit FX:

ALL new Hit sparks. i wanted all this before but kept messing up on the code so i ran with those
KOF XIII FX until i felt like trying to code it again. trial and error is a bitch

All new block FX
EX power charge tackle now has one. before it was bare

And Various other FX changes youll find that look cleaner and better. the best of my ability.

Charge up (start)

charge up (end)

The red super charges you see in my terry i took the time out to figure out how to change the color of

Precision counter hit. all it is what you see happening with those pots characters. i just jazzed it up more with FX and sounds...i plan to take the effect of it further later. And yes this happens with all attacks if you hit them just before they hit you.

Wolf speed sprites revised. thanks to sky 79 for starting me off with the first 3. i then learned how to do it on my own
and revised the rest as seen below (I might re code how it looks today again though)

And finally the Official NEW end battle win state look i really wanted from the start. i just had to find a good code method that fit the concept of what i wanted....

Those were the all main cool things i been wanted in my terry but either wasnt far enough in progress to have it done or didnt know how to code it right at the time. [/spoiler]

So there you have it. theres still more to go. speckles i know can be better. im no top notch coder but ill consider myself rough around the edges with the potential to be a great coder. ideas i have but coding isnt perfect yet....

Feedback is fine.....ive heard good and bad already. Technical ones and solutions as far as coding goes im thirsty to hear the most though. Downloading the character from my site on the latest is the best feedback. dont go on what you saw months before.

Bugs im aware that are there:

- bug where when my terry does his EX power tackle while the enemy is hitting him at the same time in a exact collision the enemy stays stunned in a lie down state until the round restarts.....i took that code from Ralph for his super tackle down punches so im trying to look at that source again and find where im messing up at.

-LvL 1 live wire geyser geyser may spawn a mini version of terry out of the blue when he gets hit at that right time while doing that super. i thought i fixed it but the other day i still saw it. i cant quite figure out how to fix that right now

-Weird standing Parrying AI issue. i dont know how to fix it but im wondering if its the animated state or just the AI code itself. not sure. but its like an off lookin parry that seems to be isolated when the CPU faces other AI. out of the blue he would parry hit but the projectile would be already at the back of his body a bit. it depends. i see it more so VS Asura By Buckus. If i figure out how to fix it i will...

Lastly As for AI combat well...put him on level 8, play against him and see for yourself on what i stepped up on learning better. I look up to a few authors on how they code their AI in defense and offense in certain ways so i tried to look at what they did to various characters they created. the two main ones that helped me hit my milestone in coding AI decent is Pots & Don Drago. Their methods helped me perfect my evade. defense. offense and that god forsaken problem i had with having my character charging up for no reason constantly. Now he properly charges up at a decent distance and would cancel it just in time 95% of the time not to get hit. Thanks to pots method on that. I hate crappy and dumb AI so i was determined to get that much more decent this time around....

A couple of Random CPU vs CPU matches
All level 8 (I have a ton uploaded on my channel)
Legendary Terry Bogard VS Mai Shiranui: "No Hard Feelings" AI BATTLE

Legendary Terry Bogard VS Andy Bogard: "Bogard Rumble" AI BATTLE

Legendary Terry Bogard Vs Sagat: "A Hungry Wolf VS A Savage Tiger" AI BATTLE

well thats the latest....check my site on the back history of fixes i did after release in the character detail section....Kai isnt stubborn. i just work at my own pace lol

peace...

Demonkai

January 23, 2014, 01:44:00 AM #1 Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:09:05 AM by Demonkai
Update

wolf speed revised again:

-I felt it could be better looking so i did it over one more time. Some of the new blur sprites were deleted. Didnt need all of them actually. so when you super dash now its a lot cooler to see and hear. I also removed another sound effect also entirely. it sounds more like Krauser fast speed in the movie when he appeared behind terry by surprised^^

-After images removed off dashing effect and no more bright blue Pal FX color

-Hit boxes added to all the sprites of that move now but not the last single sprite animation that ends and tricks out the start of it which is a helper state i used. Move resembles what Vyn did to his ken super dash more so now when you see it in action

Geyser Quake fixed again:

-Didnt realize the upward velocity of the first hit was so great that it sends enemies off the screen crazy high if they fell down into that blast. so i Reduced the height majorly much lower.

Dead end napalm fixed back to normal:

-While fixing the Geyser Quake i screwed up the final hit animation hit boxes of that move. forgot they both shared the same begin state animation so i made a new one and fixed that move back to normal....

Super Burning tackle (side ways rising tackle) fixed:

-Tackle hits and gravity coded over so that the hits of the move doesnt pass through enemies poorly so that
all hits connect each time until the move is over...

Well thats it for a hot while.....send feedback on any major bugs you saw and ill see if i can do something about it.