• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 06:15:18 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Let's make some new animation standards

Started by KoopaKoot, September 10, 2013, 04:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopaKoot

All the animation standards that we've been following are far too out of date. It's time we made are own. Starting with Hard Knockdown:

I was thinking of making a new animation standard for hard knockdown moves since I'm getting kinda picky about how it looks.

First up is the hitshake. Most characters hit by this move have a unique sprite but there are others that just use the hit low sprite. Has a crouching variant as well.

Then the character Crashes to the ground head first and they stay like that for 4 ticks. This animation already exists in mugen (5100 series) so there's no need to make another

Then the character "falls" towards the ground. Falls in inverted because there actually isn't any y vel during a standard KOF hard knockdown.

Then the character lies on the ground for 8 ticks. Pretty self explanatory.

But then they rebound before falling back to the ground. This animation doesn't exist in mugen and would be very useful for other moves as well (Clark's "Clark Spark" finish for example)

So this would require 4 new animations. The first 2 would be for standing and crouching hit shake. The third for the falling and the fourth for the rebound.

This animation exists in CVS as well but without the rebound:

hit shake

crash

fall

Anyone have anything else to add? Anyone coding a glasses wearing guy with a hard knockdown move? Let me hear your findings.

Click Here.

Jesuszilla

I think what CvS2 is doing is actually using the trip animation for that, but since the Y velocity is positive, they immediately go to knocked down.

Just try to keep things peaceful.