• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:59:42 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Super Smash Bros.

Started by UHMEEEEBA, June 11, 2013, 09:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

UHMEEEEBA

June 10, 2014, 05:00:20 PM #32 Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:02:55 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U Goddess of Light

Mii's are also playable but Nintendo can't be assed to upload their video again apparently. 3DS version delayed to October 8th, because it wouldn't be a Smash game without at least one delay.

There's a shit ton of game play videos sprouting up everywhere, and a tournament will be on Twitch in under an hour.

Jesuszilla

I really hope she gets nerfed. Not only does she have all those fullscreen attacks, she's even faster than Sonic FFS.

Still, roughly half the cast is female now, so I suppose that's nice.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

June 10, 2014, 05:51:30 PM #34 Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 06:24:27 PM by UHMEEEEBA
She'll probably be fairly light and while her attacks have huge range the longer range ones probably do less damage.

Being faster than Sonic is a bit much. On the subject of nerfs, and Sonic, the Super Sonic final smash deals a lot less knock back from what I've seen compared to Brawl.

Tournament about to start.

UHMEEEEBA

June 10, 2014, 09:19:43 PM #35 Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:37:12 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Smash Bros. Live blog going on right now.

They just confirmed Pac-man.

There's been a rumor circulating around for a while now, that keeps getting characters right, from the same guy who called Villager, WFT and Mega Man last year. Figured might as well post it at this point.

Super Smash Bros. - Red, Blue, Yellow(Wii U & Nintendo 3DS)

Mr. Game and Watch shows up at the end of the trailer too.

Jesuszilla

No Mewtwo?

;~;

COME OOOOOOOON!

Jesuszilla

June 11, 2014, 08:17:11 PM #37 Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:19:19 PM by Jesuszilla
So I went to Best Buy with my Villager shirt, waited hours, got my hands on it... and I picked Mega Man.

He's good. The controls didn't feel very responsive but we used Wii U Pro controllers, so that might have had something to do with it. His basics are weird (A for buster shots, wtf?), but you'll get used to it. Otherwise, things felt pretty solid, along with beautiful, uninterrupted 60FPS.

Everything in general is a LOT quicker, a bit closer to Melee. The air dodge is Brawl's and Marth (from what I heard from other players) got nerfed a bit. I wish we got two matches so I could have picked Little Mac, because he also looks REALLY fun.

UHMEEEEBA

Play Nintendo - Super Smash Bros. Roundtable with Masahiro Sakurai

A summarized version of the info shown at last nights Smash info thing they announced Pac-man at. Goes into the special move customizations a bit. Worth noting from last night which isn't mentioned in the video while most characters alternate specials are still functionally similar to their base special (i.e. Mario's down B is variants of FLUDD), the Miis and for some reason Palutena have completely different specials. Probably part of the reason she seemed so broken in her trailer.

Also here's some footage they showed off throughout the day,

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

Jesuszilla

Chrom deconfirmed. Looks like the leaks were not accurate, after all.

Jesuszilla

Nintendo rips off Angry Birds, the ripoff of Crush the Castle.

Jesuszilla

UHMEEEEBA

August 25, 2014, 09:29:19 AM #43 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 02:55:43 PM by UHMEEEEBA
For the past week or so there were a few screenshots supposedly taken from the video sent to the ESRB for rating purposes.

Now there are videos if they are faked someone has way too much time on their hands, so with that in mind here's what this leak says:

[spoiler]Videos can be seen Here, here's a couple of the more interesting ones

Edit: All the upload videos were taken down by a copyright claim by Nintendo of America, kinda tipped their hand there doing that.

Leak6

Leak3

And the unconfirmed characters,

Veterans:
Jigglypuff
Ness
Falco
Mr. Game & Watch
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf
Wario
R.O.B.

Newcomers:
Bowser Jr.
Shulk
Dark Pit
The dog from Duck Hunt

Cut Characters:
All previously cut from Melee besides Dr. Mario.
Ice Climbers
Lucas
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Wolf
SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Ganondorf is still a slow Captain Falcon by the way.[/spoiler]

Edit: Numerous new screenshots have been released.

Shame they didn't go with New Age Retro Hippie for the Mother series Smash Run enemy.

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]