• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 04:09:04 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Sprite aligning

Started by Websta, February 07, 2013, 12:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Websta

When I'm reading about how people make characters, they always talk about axis rips and what not, and make it sound so easy to get the correct axis.

Now the question I have for you guys is, how do you do your axis? For instance, you just downloaded the sprite rips of a character and you're about to put 'em into the sff. How do you go about it?

DivineWolf

February 07, 2013, 12:28:48 PM #1 Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:31:51 PM by DivineWolf
Depends on whether or not the sprites are already cropped or not. If the former, you have no choice but to align EACH and EVERY sprite by eye/the best way you can. In that sense, I don't even bother, because it's not worth the time imo. Yeah, you can use the onionskin option in FF to make aligning them easier, but it's still a ridiculously long process. Now, if it's the latter/the sprites are not cropped, there's one of two options...

1) The rips come with axis provided by the ripper or some other way. Like Insanius' rips. In this case, you just add all the sprites to the sff with that provided axis. They'll all be aligned properly and you crop them all later when the sff is complete.

2) The rips don't come with axis, like Kong's rips. In this case, you properly align the first stance sprite... Then use that same axis for ALL other sprites in the pack. Since they're uncropped, they should all follow the same axis of the first sprite and align properly.

That's how I go about it. Some things you just have to do by eye regardless, like edits made for a char. But, it isn't too difficult.