• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 06:38:25 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

MSPA Thread

Started by Jango, January 07, 2011, 01:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

... the racism is where, now?

What is it with webcomic authors and racism magnets?

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Jango

www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007611

Basically people were bitching about how all the humans in the comic are white. Hussie went on record saying they merely weren't colored and he didn't want to make anyone any particular race. It started a bunch of unofficial race profiles (ie: John being Japanese, Rose being Black, etc). Then in this update, people got mad because he specifically colored Jane in to have a "white" skin tone, and she called attention to it.

This isn't the first time he's had this problem before, but it's probably had one of the larger backlashes.

[spoiler=other instances]- After announcing he didn't officially give anyone a race, somebody brought up early on in the comic that John calls Dave's bro a "white rapper." That got edited out after a bunch of flame wars.
- John and Jade's ancestors were mentioned to be southerners. Still says that.
- Karkat says that the Beta kid babies and their parents are "pink."
- Earth gets destroyed, and people accuse Hussie of racial purification. He jokes that his intention was to kill all the fat people.[/spoiler]

Jango

January 20, 2013, 04:10:42 PM #557 Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 04:15:16 PM by Jango
sbahjbooktrailer

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=MSPA-SBAHJ-HARDCOVER&Category_Code=MSPA

* Jango runs straight to the website, then turns right around when he sees it costs $44

UHMEEEEBA

What the fuck that's highway robbery.

Brandy Bogard

hebrew hussie

This post is ABSOLUTELY STUPID(tm)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jango

Also $5 for Hussie to sign it, and $50 for Hussie to pretend he's Dave Strider and sign it anyway

Jango

Now there's something I'd spend $50 on

Jesuszilla

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS REAL

Jango

Sadly it isn't, I need to bomb Hussie's tumblr with it

Jango

PREVIOUSLY ON KICKSTARTER

FLASHBACK TO THE FUTURE

I'm sure those two donators are happy with themselves

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jesuszilla

UHMEEEEBA

That's fucking hilarious. There's really nothing else to say.