• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:13:49 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Websta's projects: Guess Woo~~~

Started by Websta, December 27, 2012, 04:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Websta

December 27, 2012, 04:05:49 AM Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 04:44:27 PM by Websta
Theres not a whole lot to say. So have this screenshot instead

Jesuszilla

So will it be more like NGBC or will you be making it into a mostly KOF base for the system?

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Websta

His gonna play like the NGBC version. After all, Mugen is lacking NGBC accuracy.

Websta

I would if I could Vans. All the vels and timing I make are from what i see, or closely looking at movements and actions frame by frame.

Websta

Thanks for the info about virtual dub Vans. Also, I'll see if I can somehow make use of Artmoney too

Websta

So due to Vans having an artmoney table for NGBC, I was able to get the correct data I needed for my characters. Therefore I'm in the process of updating Akari as well as developing Mars People.

Now the update to Akari is already complete, but I want to make it a complete update. Meaning, I need dizzy sprites (NGBC sorely misses them) and maybe even a cheap k.o animation. (I added it to Mars People though)

So if there's anybody with the skills, and feels like helping me out with this. That'll be cool.

By the way Mars People is at 50%. Missing 2 specials and his supers.

DivineWolf

January 12, 2013, 11:30:08 AM #6 Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:01:50 PM by DivineWolf
Quote from: Websta on January 12, 2013, 06:20:42 AM
Now the update to Akari is already complete, but I want to make it a complete update. Meaning, I need dizzy sprites (NGBC sorely misses them) and maybe even a cheap k.o animation. (I added it to Mars People though)

So if there's anybody with the skills, and feels like helping me out with this. That'll be cool.

While this would be cool and all for getting edits for those animations... Using basic get hits grouped together well can compensate well enough imo. I did this for every one of my chars who didn't have a dizzy or cheese ko anim. Use standing get hits high/low for them. More than likely, if you want edits, you're gonna have to probably pay somebody for them. Which, really isn't worth it imo.

Websta

Quote from: DivineWolf on January 12, 2013, 11:30:08 AM

While this would be cool and all for getting edits for those animations... Using basic get hits grouped together well can compensate well enough imo. I did this for everyone one of my chars who didn't have a dizzy or cheese ko anim. Use standing get hits high/low for them. More than likely, if you want edits, you're gonna have to probably pay somebody for them. Which, really isn't worth it imo.

True dat. I followed your advice, and I came up with a suitable animation, thanks man.

DivineWolf

Websta

I'm finally reaching the finish line with Mars People. All he needs is one more super (which looks like it'll be a major pain) if everything goes smoothly. He might be done by Monday.... Hopefully.

I would normally post some screenshots, but I'm currently in bed and typing this on a mobile, soooo... Yeah

Websta

Alright, so everything is added. Mars People is done. Since NGBC has 12 palettes, I think I'm going to code the remaining six. So Mars's release and Akari's update might be later. Whooooo Hooooo!!

Websta

Websta

i need you guys' opinion on something.
With my recent character release, I've got feedback from Jesuszilla and Vans on a number of things. It's not anything game breaking though.

So the question is, what should happen?
A) Fixing the problems pointed out by Jesuszilla and Vans. Then decide on making a new character.
Or
B) Create a new character, then update existing creations.

DivineWolf

I personally do A. For the most part anyway... :P I don't like to start another project, until my existing ones are pretty much done. Save a few things like special intros, winposes, things along those lines. I suppose it just comes down to your "tolerance" so to speak for your chars. If what you find currently out tolerable, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

devilgenemugen

I picked A, I would improved on my character before making a new one ;)