• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 05:19:12 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Disney owns Lucasfilm, also new Star Wars films.

Started by The_None, October 30, 2012, 03:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_None

October 30, 2012, 03:40:24 PM Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 05:33:14 PM by Jesuszilla
Not sure if that warrants a new thread, but it's official now.....

DISNEY. NOW. OWNS. GEORGE LUCAS'S FILM STUDIO.
[spoiler]Also, Episode 7 finally confirmed.[/spoiler]

Jango

I'M GONNA DANCE

Kinect Star Wars "I'm Han Solo" Dancing

Hopefully Disney steers it in the right direction now since it's apparent that anyone can handle Star Wars better than George Lucas at this point.

I'm hoping Disney releases the untouched versions on Blu-Ray now

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

Well it's not like it can get much worse.

Jesuszilla

October 30, 2012, 05:03:23 PM #4 Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 05:36:30 PM by Jesuszilla
* Jesuszilla spews Coke

WHAT THE FUCK?! Well this has gotten interesting... Split because I know a lot of us are Star Wars fans.

I just hope it won't be CG like the Clone Wars and that they don't go overboard with using CG for scenery like they did in Episode II. Needs the real props and locations back.

Really, it can't be worse than Episode II or the Clone Wars, and Disney is doing a LOT of good stuff right now, so you could say that Star Wars....

has...

* Jesuszilla puts on sunglasses

a new hope.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

November 01, 2012, 10:20:52 PM #5 Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:26:12 PM by Tyrannosaurus Reich
Honestly people need to remember what Disney did to Marvel.

Remember what Disney did to Marvel?

Exactly, you don't. Disney didn't do a damn thing to Marvel.

So yeah, Lucasfilm is fine. In fact I dare say Disney can do whatever the hell they want with Star Wars, I just want my Grim Fandango movie. That is of course assuming they own Lucasarts as well.

Jesuszilla

I believe Lucasarts has always been separate from Lucasfilm so no.

UHMEEEEBA

November 01, 2012, 11:33:24 PM #7 Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:35:56 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Yeah they got LucasArts in the purchase as well (and all of Lucas Film's subsidiaries actually) which means Disney owns all their old franchises.

Maybe they'll be more willing to actually do something with the old adventure game lines.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Monkey Island Pirates of the Caribbean ride, anyone?

Anyone?

Just me?

well fuck

Jango

Quote from: JesuszillaReally, it can't be worse than Episode II or the Clone Wars

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/357610/Darth-Vader-to-be-resurrected

THANKS FOR JINXING IT, ASSHOLE

Jesuszilla

That doesn't seem too reputable a news source...

Aaaaaaaand yep it's fake.

DivineWolf

Disney owns everything now lol. It's only a matter of time before global conquest.

Jesuszilla

I still can't tell if that's a good thing or bad thing.