• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 12:35:26 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

TMROTNN:EFN7-ROC:TOGOTM-C2OTHBS (Barkley 2)

Started by Jesuszilla, August 15, 2012, 01:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

August 15, 2012, 01:20:13 AM Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:46:01 PM by Jesuszilla
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3473379&perpage=40&pagenumber=121#post406552247

TL;DR Chef Boyardee is currently asking what to do about the project, since he wants to put it on Kickstarter.

TAKE MY MONEY

Official site
Kickstarter and official trailer

Just try to keep things peaceful.

K.O.D

holy shit i thought they buried all plans they had for a sequel

fuck yes

UHMEEEEBA

That'll be one of the few kickstarters actually worth giving money to.

Jesuszilla

Koakuma

New update from Chef Boyardee

Paywall's probably still up so here's the post verbatim
Quote from: Chef BoyardeeOccupation and Shalinor, thanks very much for the advice. This is all very helpful and we had an official CORPORATE MEETING (i cannot believe this) where we discussed it. We have two physical rewards that are accounted for in the budget and have stretch goals up to about 250% (we will be lucky if we make it past 100%), although I am very nervous that they are too technical and dry for most people - they are mostly about ports. Are people interested in Mac ports? Console ports? These are options available to us but I honestly don't know if they are what people would consider worthy of funding. I'll need to study stretch goals a little bit more before we finalize anything.

Like I said before, the thing I am most worried about is contacting the press about this. We were extremely lucky with the original game - it blew up on its own and we didn't contact anybody. I have no idea HOW to approach people about this without feeling like I'm begging for something. What do I say? We also will not have a demo ready in time for the press, although we are actively working toward a polished prototype for the middle of the Kickstarter and I'm afraid this will detract from our credibility. Of course there will be pictures, videos, music and other media (we have an ace up our sleeve!!) but I am afraid the fact that there won't be anything initially playable for either the public or the press is a big detractor. Is telling the press that we don't have anything initially playable, but giving them early access to pictures and information alright? How can I do this in a way that ensures press people will even care?

gaoierhgaoierha god i am so nervous i am sorry for being a big blubbering pile of jello

And thank you for your advice. It is very, very helpful.

Jesuszilla

I feel the exact same way he does, holy shit this is gonna be cool.

Jango

At first I was worried about legal battles with all the people portrayed in the game, but then I remembered how the game ended, so the sequel could possibly avoid that.

Although if they get around that, it would be awesome.

Jesuszilla

Jesuszilla

Koakuma

Jango

I want that body pillow so bad but jegus chris $100

Jesuszilla

I pledged $30. The Cyberdwarf dakimakura was so hilarious in concept that I was tempted.