• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 04:05:24 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Doomed.

Started by Brandy Bogard, April 21, 2012, 05:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_None

February 12, 2013, 10:52:24 AM #15 Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 10:54:27 AM by The_None
Gotta "love" the double standards (and few other things) of certain companies and their certain agendas when it's pretty much revealed recently that the MEPs who are said interests' bitches pretty much copy and paste their proposals into the proposed amendments into the proposed privacy reform. A reform which - surprise surprise - would only serve it's actual authors. Authors who aren't even residing in Europe.

The_None

This time, it's not about copyright law or any piece of text that at worst would harm our liberties.

No, some genuine apocalypse is heading in our way as the DPRK are ready to start a nuclear war.

It was nice knowing you, Americans.

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Brandy Bogard

lmao I'd like to see them try
[spoiler][/spoiler]

KoopaKoot

^

They are seriously outgunned. But these threats seems to be real. Why they would try this is beyond me though.

Click Here.

Jango

Hell, this damn island has more firepower than North Korea has in its entire country (I know some retired military dudes who used to maintain the island warheads, and my understanding is that this island alone could destroy North Korea if provoked).

Jesuszilla

More importantly, China and Japan rely heavily upon us for trade.

I'll say that again: China relies heavily upon us for trade.

That's their bread and butter they'd be fucking with. With China's army, any war would be over in a matter of weeks, if not days.

UHMEEEEBA

Either their new leader is insane and actually thinks he has a chance or he deliberately wants to be conquered for the US to pay the resulting reconstruction.

Like the novel The Mouse That Roared only more retarded.

Brandy Bogard

Almost 2 months later and they haven't done shit. lel.

Also, what the fuck. These people would be better if they had a bullet in the head.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Orochi Gill

Yeah, the best way to stop something perceived as illegal is to do illegal shit. :what:

Jesuszilla

QuoteIn 2011, the MPAA told Congress that they wanted SOPA and knew it would work because it was the same tactic used by governments in "China, Iran, the UAE, Armenia, Ethiopia, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Bahrain, Burma, Syria, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam."

... Do they even realize what they just said?!

UHMEEEEBA

Since else nobody bothered to post it I give you PRISM.

Jesuszilla

I really have no words. I'm so against this, but for some reason, probably because my life circumstances are the best they ever have been, I'm just entirely apathetic.

Brandy Bogard

Speaking of PRISM, the author of the PATRIOT ACT has come out against it.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jesuszilla