• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:17:31 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Doomed.

Started by Brandy Bogard, April 21, 2012, 05:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandy Bogard

April 21, 2012, 05:50:24 PM Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 07:25:30 PM by Brandy Bogard
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/03/rogers-cybersecurity-bill-broad-enough-use-against-wikileaks-and-pirate-bay

They might as well call it the Democratic People's Republic of America at this point.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jesuszilla

Wait, that shit passed?

What the FUCK?!

Just try to keep things peaceful.

The_None

Like you weren't aware of how the entities behind this kind of shit would do everything do rush this shit, they always do, and always get away with that.

And people thought why I still insist in thinking that Hope is our worst enemy these days. You would otherwise never know when things would get worse all of sudden.
[spoiler]And I'll carry on with that kind of thinking, I mean.... well, I did hear about Obama supposedly threatening CISPA, but then again, remember when Obama actually signed the NDAA 2012? So, yeah....[/spoiler]

Jesuszilla

June 21, 2012, 09:30:45 PM #5 Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:35:50 PM by Jesuszilla
God damn it. This could also make doujinshi illegal, couldn't it?

The_None

Well, I'm not sure if the thing in question is related/attached to the law that just got passed, but I did hear about the lawmaker's intents to give manga publishers equal ownership rights alongside the author, allowing them to go after fanworks even if the author gives approval.

Jesuszilla

In other words, they're gonna be the equivalent of the RIAA, only for manga.

Brandy Bogard

Aaand, ACTA's back.

This isn't legislation, this is outright dictatorship.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The_None

Brandy Bogard

November 20, 2012, 10:00:24 AM #10 Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:07:38 AM by Brandy Bogard
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57552225-38/senate-bill-rewrite-lets-feds-read-your-e-mail-without-warrants

The people behind this should be taken behind an alley and shot. I am about to vomit.

Or just manage to get a reform of law enforcement and copyright passed without their interference. That'll be torture enough for them.
AH HAHAHA FAGGOT

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57552687-38/leahy-scuttles-his-warrantless-e-mail-surveillance-bill/
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The_None

Today I've heard about this "INDECT" thing, so I looked it up, and........

Fuck, this is some Minority Report shit right here.

Mostly developed and tested in Poland to boot, as if that hellhole of a country wouldn't make me any more embarrased of living in it it's honestly on par with India now.

Jesuszilla

That is ridiculous. Won't that be a pain in the ass for browsers to implement, as well? Come on, who the fuck's gonna let that happen?