• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:19:06 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

General gaming news

Started by Jesuszilla, April 11, 2012, 06:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

In related news Nintendo will NOT reveal the price of the Wii U at this years E3, despite it being scheduled for a worldwide 2012 launch.

They're probably trying to balance not having another disaster like the 3DS price cut and still being able to make profit on each unit, which they don't on the 3DS anymore.

Also New Super Mario Bros 2 will be offered as a digital title or retail, something unheard of for the company.

Jesuszilla

They probably have some hidden "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" weapon. That is the only explanation.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

You know that Wreck-It Ralph movie coming out? You know, the Disney movie directed by that writer from The Simpsons about video games?

Well, get ready to shit your pants.

Fusion

May 05, 2012, 11:28:16 AM #18 Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:30:10 AM by Fox McCloud
Capcom's not desperate enough to pander to you idiots who create facebook groups whose target is equivalent to the total sales of most modern Megaman games on the DS.

They didn't manage their target goal within a suitable amount of time.  By now, Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Edition would probably be far out of it's market testing phase, and canned because sales proved to be only marginally better than, say, Megaman ZX Advent.

Jesuszilla

QuoteIt's not going to be able to reverse the situation.. for now, at least.
Hahahahahahahahahaha, "for now, at least."

Fucking Christ, how can they STILL be in so much denial?

UHMEEEEBA

Like I said months ago Legends fan boys always have and always be crazy.

Jesuszilla

Quote from: Tyrannosaurus Reich on April 27, 2012, 11:17:22 AM
You know that Wreck-It Ralph movie coming out? You know, the Disney movie directed by that writer from The Simpsons about video games?

Well, get ready to shit your pants.
I still wonder why they chose Zangief to be one of the bad guys when he and Honda actually teamed up to rescue all of the dolls from the Shadaloo base when it was about to blow up in Alpha 3.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

To be fair, he WAS a bad guy in the live action movie, so that's one time at least. Plus you could argue that he's really brutal in matches so that could kind of make him a bad guy, in a sense. Then again Akuma DESTROYS YOUR SOUL in fights and he's way more of a bad guy....actually, forget what I said, I don't want Akuma anywhere near this movie.

But yeah, they should have used another Capcom villain. I would have liked to see Dr. Wily myself.

UHMEEEEBA

I recall seeing a news post on TMMN about Wily being there anyways.

Brandy Bogard

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/05/fileplanet-shutting-down-after-13-years/

QuoteAccording to GameFront, parent company IGN has stated that they, "Believe that the idea of a single-purpose PC download site like FilePlanet is one that, unfortunately, has passed."

They also noted that everyone who was working at the site has been moved to other projects.

So, if you've been storing your old Quake mods over at FilePlanet, now might be a good time to move them.

:(

There's a banner on Fileplanet that says "Note: FilePlanet is no longer being updated and is in the process of being archived," so hopefully (key word: hopefully) the content there should be here to stay. Doesn't excuse what they did to their webhosting services (Classicgaming, Quakeworld and the like) though.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jesuszilla

Fucking shit, that's one of the few trusted places you can get patches and mods for old games.

UHMEEEEBA

Jesuszilla

QuoteSamus' ship would be pilotable like Fox McCloud's; McCloud would be a character in a third-person sequence.
Did Star Fox Adventures not hint that this was a bad idea for the series?

UHMEEEEBA

They tried it again in Assault so apparently not.

In fact the majority of Assault was on foot looking back at it.

Tyrannosaurus Reich