• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 04:29:23 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

MAX Power Mode

Started by DivineWolf, April 11, 2012, 02:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DivineWolf

It was suggested by Jmorphman that I talk with/look over Vans or Koopakoot's characters to learn how to add a MAX power mode to my characters. Since I'm here now and all, I figure it will be even better now that I can actually talk to one/both of them or someone else that can help me out with it. This is my ideal functionality for the mode...

-Of course a time limit and bar. Essentially like N-Groove from CVS2. Although, I was more hoping for how Sander7113's Terry Bogard MAX mode works.

-EX Moves can be performed at no power cost, though take away from time sustained in MAX mode.

-Perhaps a slight increase in attack and defense while in the mode. No more then 10% of maximum atk/def values.

-All Lv1 supers can be performed at no bar cost, though of course immediately uses up all time sustained in MAX mode.

-All Lv2 and higher will cost a bar along with taking away time sustained in MAX mode.

Help and suggestion please. Thank you.  :)

Jesuszilla

That sounds about right, actually.

MAX mode also allows you to cancel certain moves into each other. It's sort of like SNK's answer to custom combo, only the combos are pretty much set in stone, so not as much room for getting creative with combos.

It also has "free cancel" which means you can cancel from any basic at any time into certain specials. It takes away from time in MAX, but ONLY if it's after the normal time frame for cancels, otherwise it's not a free cancel.

I think what I said so far is correct, but if I'm not, KoF experts feel free to correct me.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

DivineWolf

April 12, 2012, 07:43:41 PM #2 Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:58:02 PM by DivineWolf
Yeah, I know about the free cancelling and all. However, those are functions that can be overlooked. Keeping it more simple like N-Groove and that may just be an unnesscary buff. I was thinking the mode could use var(20) in place of CC, as PotS/Jmorphman's characters use that variable value for the CC stuff. Essentially, it would work the same in the sense of not being able to charge while in the mode. Also, no power gained while in the mode, correct? The whole..."ifelse(var(20)=1 0, 30)" meh... Y'know what I mean.  ;D With power gains and all.

Jesuszilla

Yeah, there's no power gains.

But I really do encourage you to do MAX combos, just as long as it does SOMETHING that makes an actual difference in gameplay other than what CvS2 basically did (and was somewhat dull).

Just try to keep things peaceful.

DivineWolf

Ah, well put. I suppose it was pretty dull, compared to how it actually worked in the KoF games. So, yeah free cancelling works. Though chaining special into other specials may be a tad too much. Considering the added abilities of EX moves. Well, it sort feels that way IMO.

DivineWolf

Well, now that the functionality has been mostly established, it's time to get to the coding/actually implementing it. Which is where the actual help is needed. So, when ever people can get around to it, let's get down to it.