• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:41:42 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

OMG IT IS TEH WIIUWIIUWIIU IT SUCKS MY WEEYOUWEEYOUWEEYOU

Started by Brandy Bogard, April 02, 2012, 08:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandy Bogard

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-04-02-wii-u-less-powerful-than-ps3-xbox-360-developers-say

Nintendo's upcoming Wii U console may generate full HD graphics, but it's not up to the graphics power of the Xbox 360 or the PS3, according to developers familiar with the hardware who spoke on a condition of anonymity to GamesIndustry International.

"No, it's not up to the same level as the PS3 or the 360," said one developer who's been working with the Wii U. What does that mean? "The graphics are just not as powerful," reiterated the source.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

Is anyone honestly surprised at this point?

Well since we have a Wii U thread now I guess, today there's also been a widespread rumor of a November 18th launch date.

UHMEEEEBA

Well that article did point out apparently the Vita + PS3 as a controller option is just as good if not better than the Wii U tablet so you may have a point.

UHMEEEEBA

If the rumors of the console only supporting one of the shitty tablet controllers is true then they probably don't care about the price since you'd never need to buy one.

Unless it arbitrarily breaks and you'd have to pay 70 dollars just to have it fixed, yes I am still bitter about that.

Jesuszilla

April 03, 2012, 12:08:10 PM #4 Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:43:10 PM by Jesuszilla
Nintendo relies too much on its own franchises to try to drive sales. Third party support is weak as hell; has been since the N64 era and it has only declined since then.

Let's compare a list of features on Nintendo consoles:

Super NintendoNintendo 64GamecubeWiiWii U
Retarded controller design with
only first-party games in mind
Technology lagging behind current
console standards (compared to other
consoles in the same generation)
Consumer complaints for
being too kid-friendly, or "not
for hardcore gamers"
Numerous complaints for being
unfriendly for developers
(or having a terrible SDK)
Expensive replacement
hardware (compared to other
consoles in current generation)
Expensive software (compared
to other consoles in current generation)
Main selling point is a rap name
Prone to hardware failure

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Jango

QuoteMain selling point is a rap name

[spoiler][/spoiler]
???

UHMEEEEBA

Jesuszilla

Anjel

Quote from: Jesuszilla on April 03, 2012, 12:08:10 PM

Super NintendoNintendo 64GamecubeWiiWii U
Prone to hardware failure

My gamecube still works perfectly fine after all these years. :rpeng:

Jango

Yeah I know about the wordfilter, just wanted to post Chris Brown and his Kirby medallion since the filter was just asking for it, not unlike Rihanna's face.

Also my Wii, Gamecube, and N64 are... Fine?

Fusion

Let's see here...

We have an statement from a developer who isn't even working on the Wii U version of the project they're talking about, and it's flying in the face of just about every other Wii U developer's comments about the system's graphics power.

Jesuszilla

My Wii and the LAST Gamecube I got work fine. But as I said, I had to replace my Gamecube once because it stopped reading discs for whatever fucking reason. As for the Wii, I've seen about two fail from friends, and one other that takes forever to read discs so it's NEARLY failing.

Wii U it's too early to tell so I screwed that one up (I just had some downtime in between classes when I made that). Also I never put a dot on the N64 because not once have I seen one of those break.

UHMEEEEBA

While the N64 was reliable as a console the controllers joystick was exceptionally prone to damage. Making the main boss of the main launch title require spinning motions with that was in hindsight not the best idea.

Brandy Bogard

https://twitter.com/#!/NintendoAmerica/statuses/193547198783438849

QuoteMario fans get excited b/c New Super Mario Bros. 2 is launching for Nintendo #3DS in August! http://twitpic.com/9c86qo

Is it me or is Nintendo in an act of selfsabotage?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

I like how it looks exactly the same as the last. At least mix up the level types for fucks sake.