Author Topic: OMG IT IS TEH WIIUWIIUWIIU IT SUCKS MY WEEYOUWEEYOUWEEYOU  (Read 20261 times)

Offline Jesuszilla

• Loyal to the Game
  • Administrator
  • Medic
  • I'm a fuffy.
    • Trinity MUGEN
Re: OMG IT IS TEH WIIUWIIUWIIU IT SUCKS MY WEEYOUWEEYOUWEEYOU
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »
I think they're short on ideas, to be honest. Kinda hard to be new when it's all been done.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Offline Jango

• I'm a shark
  • Medic
  • Suck my dick
    • Nekomimicide
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2013, 02:21:37 PM »
As the old joke goes, do you really want to see a new Metroid after getting Other M?

I would like to see more in the Donkey Kong Returns field, tho

Offline walt

• VIP
  • Scout
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2013, 02:59:23 PM »
Interesting one of the closing arguments on the article: "Nintendo not slashing the price anytime soon" - The goddamn thing is $289 in Amazon, what else could one want for a practially current gen console?

Sure, it doesn't have a hard drive, but they wanted to make it affordable for the parents, it's not supposed to be a damn PC with high end specs.

Now, don't get me wrong. This doesn't appeal to me in any possible way @_@  ... I just wanted to contest that line in the article.

Offline Jesuszilla

• Loyal to the Game
  • Administrator
  • Medic
  • I'm a fuffy.
    • Trinity MUGEN
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2013, 04:19:22 PM »
I would like to see more in the Donkey Kong Returns field, tho

Yeah, it's the least they can do after having 2 generations of suck (N64 and Gamecube).

Interesting one of the closing arguments on the article: "Nintendo not slashing the price anytime soon" - The goddamn thing is $289 in Amazon, what else could one want for a practially current gen console?

It's really that low? That's nearly half the price most consoles are when they're released. Cost really can't be the issue here― it's lack of interesting content.

Not that I have any hope for the PS4 or next Xbox having any radical changes or games that are worth buying (partly because we don't really know a damn thing about either). Mostly, though, I feel that console evolution has gotten about as far as it can go without going into true virtual reality. I at least hope that's the end goal with the start of touch screen crap.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:24:40 PM by Jesuszilla »

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Offline Brandy Bogard

• It's funny because it's a title.
  • Engineer
  • karuton
The WiiU is FUCKED
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2013, 11:38:30 AM »
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/04/nintendo-and-the-wii-u-may-be-in-trouble-due-to-closure-of-vital-semiconductor-factory/

There may be more trouble on the horizon for the already slow-selling Wii U. On Friday the prominent semiconductor manufacturer Renesas Electronics posted its quarterly financial report, together with notice of extraordinary loss and a press release about an impending restructuring of the company.

As part of that restructuring Renesas, that merged with NEC Electronics in 2012, announced that it decided to close four semiconductor plants in Japan within 2-3 years, including the state-of-the-art factory based in Tsuruoka, Yamagata Prefecture  (as reported by the Wall Street Journal), and this may spell trouble for Nintendo and the Wii U.

The reason is quite simple. The closing factory was responsible for manufacturing the console’s Embedded DRAM, that is quite properly defined the “life stone” of the console.

The production of the 1 cm-wide semiconductor for Nintendo was responsible for more than half of the load of the factory at peak times, but the slow sales of the console determined a reduction in demand and a gap in the usage of the machinery and personnel, forcing the plant to run at a loss.

Offline UHMEEEEBA

• Double Member
  • Medic
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2013, 06:29:18 PM »
Since the Wii U hasn't been selling well I'm sure they've still got enough already in production to last long enough to find a new manufacturer.