• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 05:31:38 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Electronic Entertainment Expo 2011

Started by KoopaKoot, June 06, 2011, 02:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Tyrannosaurus Reich

UHMEEEEBA

June 07, 2011, 12:42:53 PM #17 Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 01:00:23 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Hey guys let's circle jerk about Zelda for a half hour and oh here's a new console we're totally really working on that we have no games to show for besides ports from other companies k thanx bye. Really they had virtually nothing to show but a few tech demos I think they rushed this announcement to please their investors or something.

That controller looks like it'll be absurdly expensive and in the damn previews for they're ALREADY showing it being used with cheap ass plastic one shot peripherals again UGH. That fucking touch screen alone probably will throw it in the 100 dollar range good lord. AND THE THING IS FUCKING HUGE. WHY DO PEOPLE BUY THIS SHIT.

AND IF YOU WANT A SMASH BROS. DONE NOW YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR DOUCHEBAG MCGEE THAT IS SAKURAI MAKE IT WITHOUT HIM LOOK WHAT HE DID TO BRAWL

Edit:

QuoteSennoma says (1:57 PM):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JElywbkSbY

Sennoma says (1:57 PM):
That was in my head the moment Reggie announced the name. I can never take it seriously now.

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

God damn it's more bulky than the fucking BRICK Game Boy model.

Fuck remember when people were throwing Wiimotes through their TVs? This thing will take out the whole damn wall.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

As big of a letdown as Nintendo's conference was, it's still better than this:

UHMEEEEBA

Since Nintendo neglected to post an actual picture of the console during their presentation and just raved on and on about the controller, here's what it looks like.

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

Also since the PSV can interact with the PS3 and is basically capable of doing many of the same things the Wii U controller Sony doesn't have to exert much effort to copy the idea I would guess. Just a few system updates here and there.

And since no one has said it thus far,

OMFG IT IS TEH WII U IT SUCKS MY WII WIIUWIIUWIIUWIIU

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Official Wii U specs. Some gaming outlets have noticed that the wording of the press release, combined with the fact all the demos are one "New Controller" with a bunch of Wiimotes as other players that it may be possible the Wii U only supports one "New Controller". I find this very difficult to believe at it would be incredibly stupid, even for Nintendo.

The Wii U controller's touch screen is not multi-touch. It also still has an accelerometer so waggle isn't going to die.

Wii U will not be compatible with Game Cube controllers, and likely therefore will not be able to play Game Cube games. Also this means if there is Smash Bros. 4 it will at best be controlled with the Classic Wii Controller.

Will be capable of actually interacting with an external hard drive and not just flash memory good lord it's a miracle.

Also Reggie confirmed on Gametrailers the Wii U will not be Blue Ray compatible.

Here's a listing of games on all the Nintendo games they have on their show room floor but didn't bother to announce at their conference, including a new Animal Crossing and Kirby Wii (which isn't a stupid yarn game).

Jesuszilla

wow the weu can do what the PS3 can...

five years ago.

what a fucking advancement in technology nintendo

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on June 07, 2011, 05:09:52 PM
Official Wii U specs. Some gaming outlets have noticed that the wording of the press release, combined with the fact all the demos are one "New Controller" with a bunch of Wiimotes as other players that it may be possible the Wii U only supports one "New Controller". I find this very difficult to believe at it would be incredibly stupid, even for Nintendo.

It would seem I overestimated Nintendo's intelligence as Nintendo is only "considering" two players with the "New Controller". I'm really dumbfounded at this.

On the bright side of things the Wii U disks will be 25 GB.

Jmorphman

June 07, 2011, 08:28:35 PM #28 Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 08:32:57 PM by Jmorphman
Wow this forum is just full of Negative Nancys.

EDIT: I mean I don't want to seem like an ignorant fanboy or anything, but I just think you guys are being overly pessimistic.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on June 07, 2011, 05:09:52 PM
Wii U will not be compatible with Game Cube controllers

And with that, all hopes of Gamecube compatibility are in the shitter