• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 05:19:20 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Electronic Entertainment Expo 2011

Started by KoopaKoot, June 06, 2011, 02:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopaKoot

Click Here.

The_None

June 06, 2011, 12:42:22 PM #1 Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:55:34 AM by The_None
More to come (in fact I'll still be editing this post), but here's what I saw so far, anybody else feel free to add in whatever I've missed:
-I know it's an intro, but apparently the new Tomb Raider (at least the beginning of it) became a QTE-fest.
-Very little of Mass Effect 3 have been shown, so all I've learned is that they have implemented voice recognition for giving orders to teammates. Reading the rest of this post can give you some idea on why the voice control was the focus of ME3's E3 presentation.
-More Kinect shilling, including voice recognition for controlling XBL Menus. Bound for trolling, even.
-YouTube and Bing coming to XBL (obviously-gold-account-exclusive-because-why-the-fuck-not), like anybody really wanted it
-CliffyB plays Gears of War 3 with Ice-T, hiding behind a teammate's vehicle (a mech) confirmed
-Graphic-whore extraordinaires Crytek try a Kinect First Person Sword-fighter. I bet they are pretty much finnished.
-Forza Motorsport 4 marks the second time I've heard Kanye West's "Power" being used in a teaser, after Saints Row 3. Also, Kinect functionality. Hmmm, I wonder if that one would also play by itself.
-Also, obligatory/inevitable Halo 1 HD remake
-After that XBL Minecraft ripoff, it was bound for Microsoft snatching up the real thing itself for the 360 (with Kinect functionality shoehorned in, because what did you expect from Microsoft)
-"Last year Kinect transformed the way we play games". Yeah right, considering pretty much everything we had for it sucked.
-Kinect Disney Games, Star Wars etc.
Quote[19:35:15] <@Fusion> Voice activated lightsabers.
[19:35:19] <@Fusion> I bet that'll be canon
-Tim Schafer's Sesame Street. At this point, no prizes for guessing what kind of controlled this would be using. Surprisingly for a game using a certain controller, it actually looks kinda decent.
-Kinect game making tools....
Quote[19:43:54] <@Vans> MUGEN FOR KINECT
[19:44:13] <Brandy_Bogard> sauerbraten for Kinect
[19:48:29] <ShoShingo> microsoft shining spotlights on the mugen community
-Kinect People scanning for a quicker way to create an avatar.
-Kinect Graphical Tool, thanks to the newly implemented Finger Tracking.
-Now Microsoft's wants to have it's own Wii Sports
Quote[19:49:09] <ShoShingo> it took microsoft 5 years to catch up with the interactive sports games craze
[19:49:19] <ShoShingo> sony will release sony sports in two years
-Dance Central sequel. Just typing that felt redundant.
-An announcement of the Halo 1 HD Remake did not stop Microsoft from also showing Halo 4. Well, actually that was still predictable, as it's Microsoft's best-selling franchise so they would never drop it.
-Somebody seriously invited a corrupt, adulterating shitbags guy for interviews. And that's to say nothing about GT "honestly" trusting that plastic bag who had trouble with Portal 2

Basically, Microsoft's still shilling the shit out of Kinect.

UHMEEEEBA

KoopaKoot

Click Here.

Brandy Bogard

June 06, 2011, 01:51:05 PM #4 Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 05:23:12 AM by Brandy Bogard
[spoiler][/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

That works way more than it has any right to.

EA's conference is going to start in about four minutes by the way.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

battlefield 3 more like desertfield 3

UHMEEEEBA

UHMEEEEBA

The Sony conference is seven minutes late and they just came on saying they'll start in another ten.

This seems to be the worst E3 in years.

Jesuszilla

Please let the videogame industry crash like it did in 1980 so I can laugh and say I was right.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Thoughts so far

Ubisoft: Decent, but it could've used a LOT less Mr. Caffeine. And by a lot less I mean firing him as soon as he stepped onto the stage

EA: Was fairly interesting up until that tank footage of Battlefield 3. Holy FUCK was that boring.

Sony: A lot like last year, boring first 85%, and then it kicks you in the ass with really cool announcements. In this case, it's fucking COLE being in Street Fighter X Tekken. but still no r mika :<

Microsoft: http://www.thebest404pageever.com/swf/thosestairs.swf

Jesuszilla

so you're one of the two people who played infamous

don't see how it's cool, cole is the most fucking ridiculous guest character i've seen. it would've made more sense to have justin wong or daigo umehara as playable characters. ANYTHING would have made more sense than fucking cole.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

I actually didn't play Infamous lol, I just thought it was an interesting addition

or inFamous i dunno however the fuck it's spelled

UHMEEEEBA

Although Nintendo's conference is tomorrow, IGN is going on the record confirming system aspects today, mostly stuff we've already heard.

-Touch Screen Controller
-Camera on said touch controller
-Also it will be rechargeable instead of battery powered
-Will launch mid-2012, which is about a year away.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

>rechargeable battery

fucking FINALLY god damn