• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 01:43:24 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Fact: Nintendo to reveal new console at E3

Started by Fusion, April 14, 2011, 07:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmorphman

Quote from: Fox McCloud on April 29, 2011, 12:26:22 PM
Which really doesn't work out too well, because the handheld itself barely has PSP-level graphics.
Uhh, what? It has graphics superior to that of the PSP.

Quote from: Fox McCloud on April 29, 2011, 12:26:22 PM
That brings me concerns that the Wii 2 is probably nowhere near as cracked up as it's rumored to be.  Graphics better than a PS3 & 360?  Not likely, Nintendo hasn't been playing for graphics for a good while. We might see graphics power ALMOST that of a 360, but not quite.
Nintendo can't compete with Sony and Microsoft graphically, true. But it's been over 5 years since the 360 came out. Nintendo can easily outdo that level of graphics in their next console.

I'll have to wait until more information is released about the controller (and how games might make use of it) before I'll say anything about the stuff in the rest of your post.

Jesuszilla

Question, does that last bit fit in with Inafune's complaints to shift towards Western style games?

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Inafune wanted the Japanese industries to start copying the western ones because they are on the decline while western ones are not. As for this particular example, I dunno but he seemed to be more concerned from a corporate structure state point. I would imagine this was probably something he considered though.

Fusion

May 02, 2011, 11:43:34 PM #20 Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:54:07 PM by Fox McCloud
So, wait... They'd delay first party titles to not have to compete with major third party releases?

Does Nintendo even know what the word compete even means anymore?

Jesuszilla

June 7? That's pretty soon... E3's usually much later in the year isn't it?

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Late May or early June, same way it's been for years now. Usually late May as there is an event in early June I remember coming after it the past few years. If anything this years show is late.