• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 02:14:19 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Started by UHMEEEEBA, September 22, 2010, 07:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrannosaurus Reich

I just hope to god they don't fuck up Aquatic Ambiance. That's one of the best video game songs EVER. Nostalgic, catchy, and beautiful all at the same time.

Though tbh I'm more interested in what the original songs will sound like

UHMEEEEBA

From the brief videos I posted the other, like not much of anything if those are a metric of the overall soundtrack.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Actually tbh from what I've heard of the soundtrack, it isn't that bad to me.

It isn't AMAZING, but it's decent. I've heard worse music in a video game before.

Jesuszilla

We don't want, "decent." We want, "awesome," like the SNES games.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Some footage of later in the game stuff. Since it's later in the game I'm not going to embed it, seriously it has some spoilers if you actually care about those for a DK game.

[spoiler]Factory levels, or at least the one they showed, are NOT using Fear Factory. In fact I think they're using a remix of DK Island Swing (AKA The regular Jungle music). After hearing the Mine Cart Madness remix I can't say I'm at all surprised, they've dropped the ball musical speaking it seems.

Life in the Mines is back though.

Mr. Game and Watch is in the background of the factory levels for some reason.

As expected from the guy who made the Super Metroid soundtrack, the Volcano music is Norfair-ish. No sign of the DKC2 Volcano theme.

One boss is a chicken riding around in a giant egg mech. Random Sonic reference for no reason?

Final boss is an Andross ripoff. Or to be more accurate, Wham Bam Rock from Kirby Super Star.

Level themes are as follows: Jungle, Beach, Ruins, Caves, Forest, Cliff, Factory, Volcano. And what seems to be a post game area called Golden Temple.[/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

Also the names of most all of the levels.

[spoiler]Golden Temple requires all the collectables from the previous levels and is post game.[/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

Another, and likely the final, trailer.

Jesuszilla

I'm starting to see the challenge now... that rising lava stage looks like it will piss me off.

UHMEEEEBA

November 19, 2010, 12:52:20 PM #38 Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 12:57:11 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Review embargo lifted, here's IGN's with a 9.0. It's ranging from a 7 in Edge magazine (lol Edge Magazine) to a perfect 10 from Destructoid right now. Edge review not withstanding it's averaging about an 8.5 I would guess.

KONG letters are required for 100 % completion.

UHMEEEEBA

November 19, 2010, 09:43:42 PM #39 Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:51:53 PM by UHMEEEEBA

This is the bonus level in the first world you can buy from Cranky. Fairly difficult looking for a first world level.

Jesuszilla

I think it's more of a lost world than first world type thing.

UHMEEEEBA

Nope that level was listed in the level list I posted awhile back as a first world level and not the games Lost World. It was confirmed awhile back Cranky sells keys to alternate route levels, just didn't expect them to be like that.

UHMEEEEBA

How the fuck can one mess Aquatic Ambiance up so much? HOW?

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Eh, I need to hear the song without the game sounds before I can make a final judgement

UHMEEEEBA

Give it a day and it'll probably be uploaded to youtube.