• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 07:42:31 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Started by UHMEEEEBA, September 22, 2010, 07:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

QuoteThis month, we get Super Kong. He's like Donkey Kong but with silver fur and a blue tie.

Nintendo, I hate you so friggin' much.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Comparing this game to 06 is just low man.

UHMEEEEBA

One of the world themes is a volcano, also a Factory world, not just individual levels. Here's hoping for Hot-Head Hop.

Jesuszilla

I'm hoping for the badass factory music from DKC1, actually.

But you know what I'd love to hear? Some stuff from DKL. That would be awesome.

UHMEEEEBA

Blimp theme or bust.

Just avoid the DKL boss theme as Rare sort of owns that what with them reusing it in Blast Corps.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

I don't care what songs get remixed as long as the soundtrack has plenty of those "uber-dark atmospheric" songs.

also why the fuck does my avatar not work

UHMEEEEBA

The other day it was an image saying it was deleted, doubt that helps.

On topic, a Gametrailers preview.

Jesuszilla

It's not even there from what I'm seeing in your profile. Nothing specified.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

i'm getting a new avatar brb guys

UHMEEEEBA

Some videos from IGN.

Very minimalistic music on this one, can't say I like it.

Rhambi doesn't give a fuck when hit anymore and just sort of casually walks around.

Really if all the new music is like this I'm not impressed.

Jesuszilla

DK's Monkey Spank actually does something now! And what the fuck, pigs? Bring back the star barrels, unless RARE has a patent on that technology too.

But yeah, they need to focus on making some GOOD new tracks, rather than remixes.

UHMEEEEBA

The pig shows up in a few other spots, such as being the way to access the super guide apparently. Not saying I like him though.

UHMEEEEBA

Scratch that I'm not impressed with the music in general now, they were just choosing the good parts for trailers. Knew they should have brought Wise on this.

Jesuszilla

November 11, 2010, 08:57:54 PM #29 Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:59:31 PM by Jesuszilla
Okay, being a former percussionist, I love percussion, but there's a point to where if you use too much of it at too slow a tempo, it's BORING, okay?

Either make it more exciting, or add some more variation in instruments. EVERYTHING BONGO LOL is why we don't remember anything from Donkey Konga or Jungle Beat.

I'm starting to doubt if they really have learned what their mistakes were with the past few games. A good game should have good music. I seriously do not want to play if the music is boring, I don't care how good the gameplay is. Everything counts.

Oh, and your hitsounds fucking suck, change them.