• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 01:19:19 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Mega Man Legends 3 for the Nintendo 3DS is DEAD!!!

Started by UHMEEEEBA, September 21, 2010, 12:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

September 21, 2010, 12:28:00 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 08:58:27 PM by Jesuszilla
Normally I wouldn't post this but I think it has a good chance of being real. A week or so ago the producer of Legends dropped some silly hints of a new game and to "have faith".

Today an "inside source" told Mega Man sites they are indeed doing a new game. Now normally I'd call bullshit... but this is the same guy that leaked about Mega Man 9, down to the letter.

Personally I don't give a flying fuck, but if anything it's probably a reboot given how Legends 2 ended on a cliffhanger a decade ago, be a bit hard to sell to new fans. Or it'd be a downloadable title so as to make a bit more profit... but a retail release continuation... yeah I don't see that happening.

Jesuszilla

September 21, 2010, 07:15:51 PM #1 Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 07:17:28 PM by Jesuszilla
Given pretty much installment in the Mega Man series lately has been download-only, I wouldn't be a bit surprised. An entire disc would be kind of overkill.

Not to mention two different characters from the series getting represented in recent games would naturally generate interest.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Well there were several characters way back in Namco X Capcom, Capcom's been stringing along the Legends fanbase with a carrot for years now. It's kind of funny really.

UHMEEEEBA

September 29, 2010, 01:50:09 AM #4 Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 01:57:28 AM by UHMEEEEBA
This is official, for the Nintendo 3DS.

More information to be given at next months Comic Con.

Oh by the way the 3DS will retail for 300 USD. That's more than a Wii before the price drop.

K.O.D

It's $300 in Japan (which always has higher prices) so it might be $250 in the US.

Jesuszilla

DMK

Voting for Ryuji seeing as video games need more brown girls. Even though for some reason she isn't on the poll at this time.

Jesuszilla

She isn't? Racists. I wanted to vote for her.

DMK

Yeah they fucked the poll up something bad. The spot shes supposed to be in is taken by Haruki. Do these people even check their post?

UHMEEEEBA

Capcom is now apparently hesitant to even officially green light the game. Guess that bit about Inafune leaving not effecting the development was a flat out lie.

I personally find this development fucking hilarious.

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

"Demo" launching with the 3DS store, featuring a new character to show off the engine. Also some actual footage of the game proving it actually exists.

Still looks like the same boring dungeon crawler the series was a decade ago to me but that is what the people want I guess.