• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 03:54:23 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Sabrewulf_Ki2

Started by Orbinaut, June 19, 2010, 01:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orbinaut

June 19, 2010, 01:01:25 AM Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 04:12:16 AM by Jesuszilla
Today I released Sabrewulf of Ki2

Sabrewulf has all of his moves and finishers implemented from KI2.

[Spoiler="More Screens"]

[/Spoiler]

I have not made the full demonstration video of his features yet. I'll probably get to it tomorrow.
For now here is an outdated video of his finishers only.

The character is hosted on this site. Thank you to the staff of TM for hosting.

Jesuszilla

June 19, 2010, 01:14:03 AM #1 Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 04:14:31 AM by Jesuszilla
Never played much KI2, so I dunno what all I can find but I did see this:

KO opponent with c.HP in a corner and then hit them with s.MP. There's a huge cornerpush.

Also moved to News section so it shows on front page. You're a Hosted Converter so you're allowed to post them there. ;)

In the future, please use img width=320 in order to make the image size smaller. 2 at a time for front page; spoiler the rest otherwise the img tag shows up.

Heh, sound like a bit of a nazi, but blame the forum software for being strange.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

StarlightV

how can i download i think it really cool

Jango

... Go to the downloads page?

Orbinaut

June 21, 2010, 10:11:10 PM #4 Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:21:58 PM by Orbinaut
I am updating this file today as some critical bugs and errors have been spotted. All but one (which I couldn't reproduce) have been resolved. The fixes are as follows...

- Cropped .sff file
- Fixed 4 hit sabre spin - could link cancel after 2 hits instead of 4
- Fixed super linkers pushing back without knockdown
- Fixed manual doubles - they should work properly now as per the source.
- Fixed HP xx sabre wheel loop - must knockdown after 3 repetitions
- Fixed an illegal linker - you cannot do two super linkers in a row
- Combo breakers do not activate when crossed up - doesn't make sense
- Combo breakers now connect fully - juggle points issue previously
- You are given 20 ticks of invincibility after a successful tech attempt
- Wake up attacks will correctly facep2 instead of whiffing

Since some of these bugs are severe, I released this file on mediafire such that these can be resolved as soon as possible.

To the admins of this site, if I could please have the file updated I will then make the mediafire link obsolete.

Thank you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jma2z0vmjnj I am an idiot for posting the old link again

THIS IS THE RIGHT ONE
http://www.mediafire.com/?yzgbke5gmqm

Jesuszilla

June 22, 2010, 10:34:34 PM #5 Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:42:16 PM by Jesuszilla
Was this uploaded to the portal? If not, I'll go ahead and do it. Uploaded anyway.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

rockuro

Hi!
Just dropping by to complain a bit after exhaustive playing.

About Jago:
-LK Windkick command doesn't work. And I miss it.
-Sometimes Lp Tigerfury works like Hp version (yes, it even
works as the combo finisher 'sometimes', i can't determine when, though).
AND I don't mean the recovery attack after falls.
-The afterimages after super windkick are supposed to last the whole combo, including the ultra. Whenever you start the combo with the super windkick and use the super windkick superlinker...woops, afterimage's gone.

About both characters:
-Lol! Ultras on round 1? (although this is niiice),
we are suposed to only be able to pull mini ultras on round 1, ultras on 2.
-Loved how you managed to control the combo enders and
the 5th finisher like the original game.
Speaking of juggles, this happened to me when using your sabrewolf against jago:
accidentally, I juggled a combo ended with sabreflip (the powered 4 hits finisher),with standing Hp. Like cheap juggles from Ki gold.

-Ok! like in the original game, Opponent falls after the second super linker if the combo started with an opener. Nice!
However, In the original game, if you start the combo with pressure move (Fwd Hk),you are allowed to follow with 2 superlinkers, TWO autodoubles, and 2 extra hits from manuals.
With your chars, in this particular combo you can't do the second autodouble, nor the manual, the only choice is the ender.
In this particular case, you are missing 2 to 4 hits, the autodouble and the 2 extra hits from a manual combo. I used to do this kind of combo a lot in both the arcade and in Ki Gold at home (about 17-19 hits, even 21-23 with powered finishers).

In KI Gold this was the only way to get ultras of over 60 hits
(if you add the supertiger fury as the ultra finisher, having the full
power bar available)... Ahh the good old times.

Sorry if i sound too "anal", I love your convertions. :)

Orbinaut

July 03, 2010, 10:41:43 PM #7 Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 10:47:13 PM by Orbinaut
Quote-LK Windkick command doesn't work. And I miss it.
Sloppy trigger editing when redoing the .cmd file. A quick scan of the cmd under that move and the error is easily found. It will be fixed.

Quote-Sometimes Lp Tigerfury works like Hp version (yes, it even
works as the combo finisher 'sometimes', i can't determine when, though).
The medium one will have the same effect. It was caused by some errors when implementing released button inputs. They will activate when the game detects a release instead of a button press. F, D, DF, release any punch will always result in the hp version or ender. They shall be fixed.

Quote-The afterimages after super windkick are supposed to last the whole combo, including the ultra. Whenever you start the combo with the super windkick and use the super windkick superlinker...woops, afterimage's gone.
I will work on it, but it will be low priority and may not appear in the next update.

Quote-Lol! Ultras on round 1? (although this is niiice),
I record wins using one variable that does not fall under <the thing that resets all variables after every round>. It may be due to arcade mode not resetting when moving forward to the next match. I will find a way to fix this.

QuoteSpeaking of juggles, this happened to me when using your sabrewolf against jago:
accidentally, I juggled a combo ended with sabreflip (the powered 4 hits finisher),with standing Hp. Like cheap juggles from Ki gold.
It was like this in the game and will not be changed.

QuoteHowever, In the original game, if you start the combo with pressure move (Fwd Hk),you are allowed to follow with 2 superlinkers, TWO autodoubles, and 2 extra hits from manuals.
With your chars, in this particular combo you can't do the second autodouble, nor the manual, the only choice is the ender.
In this particular case, you are missing 2 to 4 hits, the autodouble and the 2 extra hits from a manual combo. I used to do this kind of combo a lot in both the arcade and in Ki Gold at home (about 17-19 hits, even 21-23 with powered finishers).
THANK YOU

This is something I did not know about when studying the combo system. This is easy to implement (already done) and will be added to the update.

Also if it wasn't already obvious...

THANK YOU

Also to the admins, I have found out how to update my archive so I will no longer be pestering you about that.

rockuro

July 05, 2010, 07:38:29 PM #8 Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 06:24:46 PM by rockuro
QuoteSpeaking of juggles, this happened to me when using your sabrewolf against jago:
It was like this in the game and will not be changed.

I played Ki2 again ;) just to confirm that all characters have just one juggle opener (i.e. ninja slide for jago, Sabrepounce for Sabrewolf), and it wasn't possible to juggle with basics.

I still have Ki Gold at home and it's the same, the only way to continously juggle with basics is having unlocked the 'cheap juggles' options.

Or perhaps we are just playing a diferent version or revision of ki2 :)

EDIT:

There's something I forgot to add.
Given the case that you start the combo by jumping in, and then follow with the pressure move...this will allow only one superlinker. (The second superlinker will connect, but after the last hit the opponent will fall).

Anyway, after the second superlinker, there's one free juggle here, and you can connect "a one hit" tiger fury, for instance (the one that sends the opponent flying and flipping).

Any other things I find out i'll let you know :)