• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:44:13 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

E3 2010

Started by UHMEEEEBA, June 14, 2010, 01:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

My only complaint is that Kirby is basically transparent with a pink outline which might get a bit annoying...

Just try to keep things peaceful.

K.O.D

http://press.nintendo.com/E32010/

user : guest
pass : nintendo

3DS Games list is awesome. :o

Fusion

I'm speechless, so here's an image:

UHMEEEEBA

Here's some Sony highlights.

Killzone 3

A move enabled game called Sorcery. I wonder if #trinitymugen and #piiym-net are levels.

Announced but did not show a new Time Crisis.

Move coming in September, retails for $50 but the controller is separate for $30.

On a related note there was a story yesterday saying Kinetc is to retail for $150.

A third Patapon.

Sony exclusive Medal of Honor HD remake.

PS3 version of Dead Space 2 to include a Move version of the Wii game Dead Space Extraction.

Portal 2 coming to PS3, the only version to have Steam like features enabled, makes sense as Microsoft charges for most everything.

PS3 Assassins Creed: Brotherhood to get exclusive content.

Gran Turismo 5 coming in November.

Sony announcing a new paid platinum online subscription. Existing titles will not be affected. Basically this for exclusive DLC and early betas according to Sony, you'll still have the basic services free.

Twisted Metal is back, 2011.

UHMEEEEBA

June 15, 2010, 04:55:43 PM #35 Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:00:10 PM by UHMEEEEBA
It looks good but I didn't see a single Kremling in the whole thing.

Edit: This just in Nintendo is remaking Star Fox 64 for the 3DS.

Edit 2: Also doing the same for Ocarina of Time apparently.

UHMEEEEBA

Nintendo is also doing a new Paper Mario for the 3DS.

... at least I think it's new I don't recognize any of those areas... also Mario seems to have a Chain Chomp partner and that sure as hell wasn't in the last two.

Jango

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on June 15, 2010, 04:03:05 PMPortal 2 coming to PS3, the only version to have Steam like features enabled, makes sense as Microsoft charges for most everything.
Great, a whole new generation of people parroting "THE CAKE IS A LIE" and making jokes about the companion cube.

UHMEEEEBA

June 15, 2010, 05:27:51 PM #38 Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:39:14 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Uh... bad time to post this I guess...

Also detailed information on the Goldeneye remake. The game is now about some sort of bank crisis the Craig Bond needs to stop instead of well... you know Goldeneye. The levels are not spot on recreations. Many of the weapons are back including the Klobb which is now renamed the Klebb which should not be surprising as it was named after Ken Lobb of Rare. Supports eight player online. Supports classic controller.

Also on board the remake train...

... a dope ass Disney Train.

UHMEEEEBA

June 15, 2010, 06:09:02 PM #39 Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:55:04 PM by UHMEEEEBA
My concerns were justified, the Kremlings are not the villains of DKCR, instead being replaced by evil Tikis. Well it still looks good enough at least but they're sort of missing a chance for old enemies that way, like say Klobbers.

Features 2 player simultaneous co-op which is new to the series. The way its worded also sort of implies Dixie and the rest aren't going to be in the game from the looks of things.

Edit: On an unrelated note,Nintendo shows their obligatory entry to one of my least favorite franchises.

Jango

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on June 15, 2010, 05:27:51 PM
Uh... bad time to post this I guess...

[spoiler=Hueg image][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Zoom in]
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK[/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

Pretty sure there are more conferences and what not today, but they'll probably be smaller.

From the showroom floor some impressions are starting to turn up alongside some Donkey Kong Country Returns footage.

Highlights include the fact a jungle stage is also a mine cart stage, so there's probably quite a bit more to the game than what they showed.

At one point Diddy beats up a wall and finds part of something, possibly a DK Coin esque sort of thing.

Arrow Barrel Cannons are now the manual ones instead of the unmarked ones. The old arrow barrel cannons were automatic.

From some other releases I am too lazy to find again at this time, DK's Ground Slap move from the first game is back and made more important (also Diddy can do it)... and it's waggle controller, the game is also using the Wii-mote + Nunchuck configuration. Really hope classic controls are an option for this.

In co-op Diddy can use his gear from DK64, that is to say the peanut popgun and the barrel jet... if Diddy has limited flight I'm pretty sure that means Dixie isn't going to be around. Co-op seems to be using Kirby Super Star rules to handle who is on screen.

Retro has been working on this project since they stopped work on Prime 3, which is to say since 2006.

No sign of animal friends at this point, although I think it's fairly reasonable they'd show up, at least Rhambi and Enguarde.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

I hope this game has one of those cool ambient-esque songs like Aquatic Ambiance or Stickerbrush Symphony

yeah

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on June 15, 2010, 01:06:21 AM
While the gaming press was out and about at the conferences today, Microsoft snuck into their hotel rooms to put up stickers for Kinetc.

I'm fairly certain that's like seven different kinds of illegal.

They're at it again.

Also Crecente is apparently a vampire, wouldn't have called that.

UHMEEEEBA

June 16, 2010, 03:18:21 PM #44 Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 05:12:37 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Konami conference, pretty sure they're having technical delays as they're 16 minutes and nothing at all has happened.

Edit: General opinion seems to be they did even worse than MS's the other day in terms of awkwardness... they showed a new Castlevania trailer that Joystiq will have later and announced a few other things though.

Edit 2: Apparently it was plagued with technical difficulties as well.