• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 10:52:48 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

E3 2010

Started by UHMEEEEBA, June 14, 2010, 01:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

Fuck yes I'm gonna love this game.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Castlevania Harmony of Despair is real, to be released sometime in July.

EA announced a new Need for Speed.

Also showed a new Star Wars: The Old Republic trailer.

And Dead Space 2.

And an expansion to Bad Company II.

Also Crysis 2.

A few weeks ago there rumors of Activision doing a Goldeneye Wii exclusive remake*. There was some footage that supposedly surfaced today on IGN, I dunno sounds phony to me. It would explain though why Nintendo and Microsoft could never come to an agreement to allow both companies to release the old game on their respective services.

Goldeneye is one of those games that is really nostalgia driven and I don't really see a remake doing that well. I mean there is going to have to be a lot added to make it seem worth while. Especially when one of its main selling points was its muliplayer and well we all know how good Nintendo's been with that lately. Also I think replacing Bond with the Daniel Craig version is a bit of a dick move if you ask me.

*Activision are the present holders of the Bond video game franchise rights so yeah they could in theory just walk right over Rare. They have a conference tomorrow so you won't have to wait long to find out if this is real or not. Really though this is probably fake.

Ubisofts conference is later this evening.

Nero D.

Rising was so awesome.

GOldeneye remake on Wii though?

Meh, Idk if that'll work.

UHMEEEEBA

I have some vague ideas as to why they might have decided that Vans.

A: The original was for the N64, and they're playing up the nostalgia in the trailer so maybe they decided to stick with Nintendo for that reason...

B: What I think is the real reason. When Goldeneye was released FPS's were basically a PC staple, there were very few on the console market and post were porting disasters. Fast forward over a decade and you can't swing a cat overhead without hitting five space marines, four WWII shooters, a few other war shooters and TF2* and as stated before Goldeneye is pretty old, even if they update it there's just too much for it compete with in the genre...

Except on the Wii which has only had Shameless Shallow Halo wannabee Metroid Prime 3 and The Conduit the rest were basically lightgun rail shooters. Ergo Activision has probably concluded they're going to have a better yield on the Wii and don't want to make two graphical versions as they'd have to if they did both a Wii version and a PS3/XBOX360/PC version. It's the only thing I can think of.

*TF2 added to that list due to the trailer hyping up online multiplayer.

Anyways here's a link to Ubisofts conference, it's going to start in about 40 minutes from the time I post this message.

UHMEEEEBA

June 14, 2010, 07:41:00 PM #19 Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 08:43:21 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Someone on corrupt, adulterating shitbags did a corporate search type thingy on the website listed in the trailer,

QuoteDomain Name: GOLDENEYEGAME.COM
Registrar: MARKMONITOR INC.
Whois Server: whois.markmonitor.com
Referral URL: [www.markmonitor.com]
Name Server: NS0.ACTIVISION.COM
Name Server: NS2.ACTIVISION.COM
Name Server: NS3.ACTIVISION.COM
Name Server: NS5.ACTIVISION.COM

Updated Date: 11-jun-2010
Creation Date: 21-apr-2010
Expiration Date: 21-apr-2012

Fraid this is looking legit after all. Really could of fooled me as the trailer looked so... polygonal.

THQ announced some new WWE games, nobody cared.

All old 360 models to drop in price.

EA starting up a rewards service with unlockable content and beta testing.

In other news Ubisoft has shown some game called Child of Eden some of Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, and Shaun White Skatebording (Really? After what happened in the Nintendo 2008 conference I'm surprised they didn't just show room that.) at the time of this posting.

Ubisoft just now showing some sort of weird laser tag thing...

And now some sort of weird breathing sensor like the Wii Vitality Sensor claiming it's good for your immune system, I agree with Joystiq it's New Agey type snake oil bullshit.

Showed off two Kinetc games.

Yet another Rabbids game and no one was surprised.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, a new Driver and a new 2d scrolling Rayman were also shown the last of which I'll be amazed if anyone cares enough to purchase at this point.

Ended with a weird Michael Jackson game apparently. Nothing about Beyond Good & Evil 2, probably spending a good time in development hell I would venture..

Jesuszilla

June 14, 2010, 10:38:02 PM #20 Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:40:13 PM by Jesuszilla
Still, why the Wii. Why would I want to swing around the remote like a jackass and hit my friend in the face while I'm trying to SHOOT them in-game when I could do it from the comfort of my PC on Steam?

Really, Wii is boring, Nintendo is boring, E3 in general has been boring since the halfway mark in the last generation, and all of the best games will eventually see a PC release in some form or another. For some reason I want to blame Tecmo and G4 and I cannot figure out why. Though I blame the Internet and blogging the most because when it's THAT simple to announce something, what's the point in a big E3 presentation like they used to?

UHMEEEEBA

Jesuszilla

Hype what? It's BORING.

UHMEEEEBA

The event is boring enough that the few things that they announce that don't totally suck look a lot better.

So the whole ruse is a distraction of sorts for them to have their fanbases get excited about things they wouldn't  otherwise.

At least that's the logic I assume they're running under. Alternatively it's because it's the only real time they can present them selves to the rest of the media which they probably still want to occasionally so as to have a casual market which Microsoft is going out of there way to do this year for instance.

UHMEEEEBA

While the gaming press was out and about at the conferences today, Microsoft snuck into their hotel rooms to put up stickers for Kinetc.

I'm fairly certain that's like seven different kinds of illegal.

UHMEEEEBA

Jesuszilla

June 15, 2010, 11:27:47 AM #26 Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 12:16:16 PM by Jesuszilla
        "WII OWNERS PLAY THEIR SYSTEM MORE THAN ANY OTHER OWNERS"
                                                                   \

OH GOD I CRACKED THE FUCK UP. THAT IS SO NOT FUCKING TRUE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

AND OH WOW, MARIO SPORTS. THAT'S RIGHT, I WANNA PLAY MARIO VOLLEYBALL RATHER THAN DOAX WHERE I CAN SEE JIGGLING BOOBS. DUMBASSES.

Yeah, I just watched the live stream. Closed it out after the ear-raping music on that casual "Just Dance" bullshit.

There's also a new Zelda game that might be worth a rent I guess. It's no masterpiece like Twilight Princess though and looks way too bright and friendly and shit, like the Mario games.

Also Kirby's EPIC YARN a.k.a. Kirby Story. New Donkey Kong was disappointing; too many rap names and too much shit going on.

3DS looks like a successor worth picking up! New Metal Gear. Resident Evil, Kingdom Hearts and Kid Icarus (which looks fucking amazing; I couldn't believe it was a handheld).

UHMEEEEBA

June 15, 2010, 12:17:31 PM #27 Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 12:19:28 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Nintendo showed off the 3DS.

The Donkey Kong Country rumor was real. It's being done by Retro for the Wii and is a traditional 2d scroller, Diddy is in alongside Donkey Kong.

Kid Icarus: Uprising using the Pit character model from Brawl for the 3DS, pretty safe option considering Pit is about as obscure as well... um... yeah he's obscure lets just leave it at that. Also damn that's a 3DS title? Could have fooled me.

Kirby's back as Jesuszilla stated.

About the new Zelda, I much prefer this style over the REAL IS BROWN BLOOM MORE BLOOM style of Ocarina of Time II Twilight Princess, it seems like a nice trade between the newer Zelda's and the cartoonish style of  the ones I grew up with.

And calling TP a masterpiece? Son you best be joking. It's a fine game but a masterpiece it is not.

Goldeneye is official.

.... um.... Bowser just set Reggie on fire... that was surreal...

K.O.D

3DS. WAS. FUCKING. AWESOME.

UHMEEEEBA

June 15, 2010, 12:25:06 PM #29 Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 12:29:07 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Who are you and what have you done to KOD?

Edit: As for Kirby not really sold on the style but it's not really the first time they tried to be artistic with Kirby Dream Land 3 had that whole hand drawn look about it. Well glad they're finally dusting the franchise off though the last non-remake was the mirror game and that was ages ago.