• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:46:15 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

SPAM Thread II: SPAM HARDER

Started by Jesuszilla, April 28, 2010, 09:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandy Bogard

Reminder that Medal of Honor Warfighter is the most hilarious title for a video game ever.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jango

Okay so here are my Halloween highlights from going to the local mall:

Me and my friend were dressed as Shaun and Ed from Shaun of the Dead. Our goal was to find as many people dressed up as zombies as we could find and take pictures with us fighting them. Most people didn't like the prospect...

... except for a mother who recognized us immediately and happily snapped shots of us acting out beating her zombified son to death.

NOW FOR THE COSTUME HIGHLIGHT REEL:

• Ramona Flowers
  • A father and son dressed as Carl and Russel from Up
  • Pinhead
  • Sora from Kingdom Hearts (who I play-fought for a bit)
  • A priest who informed us he blessed all of the zombies he saw
  • Ash Ketchum

and last but not least...

• There was a single Homestuck cosplayer in the crowd, and it was Terezi Pyrope! She even had a filial pail for her candy! Of course she was amazed someone else on this rock reads Homestuck so we briefly geeked out, took some photos, and parted ways.

So yeah, 'twas a great Halloween this year.

Brandy Bogard

A single? I'm surprised, considering the fandom  :P
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jango

Dude in the last two years, I've found a total of three Homestuck readers on this island, one of whom is a creepy Gamestop employee, and another of whom I inadvertantly spoiled the plot for by wearing John's Vriska shirt.

Jesuszilla

Really wish I'd gone to 6th Street, but I have class today so I had to get up early.

On-campus, the most interesting thing I really saw was Guy Fawkes but even then, that's pretty boring considering Project Chanology.

I pretty much just had my Darkstalkers shirt that I got at Austin Comic Con last weekend.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Brandy Bogard

Ladies and gentlemen, the creepiest Smash Bros ad ever.

Also what the fuck did imgur do to their interface
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jesuszilla

European ad. No wonder I didn't recognize it, what the fuck NOE.

Also, imgur seems... eh, fine to me.

Anyway, last night I was watching Gargoyles on Disney's site (cuz it's free and they're awesome for doing that), and I was watching the credits... then I saw this:

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE DAMN SOUL TRAIN, CJ

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Wait, you can watch Gargoyles for free now? And Disney's doing it?

Well, that's fucking cool. I've been meaning to watch that show.

Jesuszilla

You won't regret it. Seriously awesome series.

Koakuma

Quote from: Jango on November 01, 2012, 01:56:21 AM
  • There was a single Homestuck cosplayer in the crowd, and it was Terezi Pyrope! She even had a filial pail for her candy! Of course she was amazed someone else on this rock reads Homestuck so we briefly geeked out, took some photos, and parted ways.
And you didn't exchange phone numbers? Tsk tsk, you're losing your touch, Jango.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

I'm shocked you only met ONE Homestuck cosplayer. I see them all the time at cons. Shit, I saw some hanging out at the mall a few weeks ago.

Jango

November 04, 2012, 04:18:57 PM #2307 Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:26:42 PM by Jango
Quote from: Koakuma on November 04, 2012, 11:24:41 AM
Quote from: Jango on November 01, 2012, 01:56:21 AM
And you didn't exchange phone numbers? Tsk tsk, you're losing your touch, Jango.
She looked like a freshman in highschool, I'm not that hard up.

Quote from: Tyrannosaurus Reich on November 04, 2012, 12:41:18 PM
I'm shocked you only met ONE Homestuck cosplayer. I see them all the time at cons. Shit, I saw some hanging out at the mall a few weeks ago.
Yeah but you live in a back-asswards middle-of-nowhere state so of course they'd read it. Hawaii didn't have a big internet culture until like a few years ago (mostly because it took them forever to get broadband lines laid along the Pacific Ocean floor to connect us to the continent, and the then governor had stock in a rival company and refused their service when offered), and even then, most of the folks down here are mostly into surf culture or being as Japanese as possible.

So in two years, I've met four people who've read Homestuck, and aside from jailbait Terezi (j/k Hawaii's age of consent is 14), two of who were highschool boys that got mad when I wore John's Vriska shirt (I told this story in this thread earlier IIRC), and one was a creepy Gamestop employee who tries to outgeek me in Pokemon and I hate him and kick his ass at tournaments.

Koakuma

Well, I guess you can fall back on stalking her, just like that vampire from your favourite literature series!

Jango