• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:44:36 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Rant about MegaMan Bosses.

Started by Neon_Tiger, March 21, 2006, 02:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: Neon_TigerThis thread will contain spoilers up the wazzo so don't blame me if you see something you don't want to.

In this thread you can rant about you favorite or least favorite MegaMan bosses, I shall start by naming my personal picks for some of the cheesiest bosses in the MegaMan Series.

1. Burst Man, MegaMan 7
So you got your Freeze Cracker and/or Scorch Wheel. Logic dictates you should totally own BurstMan, however this is more than likely not true. Burst Man's room comes equipped with Spikes on the top of it, and his entire stratedgy is making you hit those spikes, he'll try and trap you in bubbles that make you fly towards the ceiling, he'll make  bubble appear beneth you and try to make you hit the ceiling. Even if things are going in your favor, one wrong command, and you're dead. BurstMan, burn in hell.

2. Dynamo Man, MegaMan and Bass
So, you got your Copy Vision (you must to even reach Dynamo Man due to how the stages are arranged) however, this is not good enough. Even with your weapon its energy drains quickly, and you need it to disable one of his attacks. In addition he has the nasty habit of refilling his energy when he runs low. Combine this with the fact that he does this on the ceiling, you have a bad situation. Bass can take care of it easily with his ability to fire upwards and a Copy Vision. MegaMan, however is totally fucked.

3. Dr. Weil-Ragnarok, MegaMan Zero 4
The final boss of MegaMan Zero 4, needs to be shot. You have only two minutes to kill him and he is invicible most of the time as he shields himeslf with this big spike thing. Seriously, this belongs in Metroid, not MegaMan.

4. BrightMan.EXE, MegaMan: Network Transmission
With the ability to counter just about any attack you can do, BrightMan is the definition of annoying. The stratedgy required to beat him is so half assed it almost makes you think the programmers were high. Fortunatley, you can also take the easy way out by using NeedleMan, but do you really want to beat NeedleMan three times for this ass?

5. FlashMan.EXE Omega, MegaMan Battle Network 3
Ok, so you expect Bass to be cheesy, and Serenade, but not the freaking first boss. The final form FlashMan.EXE is so absurdly fast hitting him is a chore, and he can also freeze you at a moments notice, and then use an area steal and pwn your ass. While not very annoying, the fact he's also the first boss really rubs it in.

Quote from: JesuszillaHardman, Drillman, Snakeman, Woodman, and Fireman need not be bashed for obvious reasons. Their names are enough.

I have one complaint about TenguMan. Why is it that he was easy in Megaman 8 yet EXTREMELY CHEAP in Megaman & Bass?

Quote from: MachinaWeapon
Quote from: JesuszillaHardman, Drillman, Snakeman, Woodman, and Fireman need not be bashed for obvious reasons. Their names are enough.

I have one complaint about TenguMan. Why is it that he was easy in Megaman 8 yet EXTREMELY CHEAP in Megaman & Bass?

Didn't he have new moves in MM&B? Besides, in MM8, you could easily just kick back and charge shot his ass. I find it hard enough to stay on the stage on MM&B.

EDIT: Spelling.

Quote from: Neon_TigerIn MegaMan 8, his stratedgy is largely the StormEagle kick you off the platform shit. In MM&B he ditched most of his MM 8 attacks and now used the Tengu Claw. Futhermore, there is a cheap anti-TenguMan trick. Wait until he is above the bottomless pit and use GroundMan's weapon, he will fall straight down, but when he comes back up his inviciblity will have worn off. Repeat.

Quote from: FoxPlant Man.  Easily the easiest boss of all Megaman.  Name says it all.

Quote from: Neon_TigerI like this top 5 idea I was going with, so I shall now do the top 5 worst named MegaMan Bosses, and no Duff McWhalen isn't number one DUN DUN DUNN.

5. HardMan, MegaMan 3
There are actually several other bosses worthy of this title. I might extend this with a list of 6-10 due to this. But HardMan, is a classic and has staying power unlike most of these. HardMan, is probably the most suggestive name in the any MegaMan game, the fact that his weapon involves him firing his fist does not help at all.

4. Bamboo Pandamonium, MegaMan X8
Most of the X8 bosses weren't too bad and even went back to being similiar to the old X games in not sounding like a persons named. However, Pandamonium, contains the worst pun, ever, in the entire MegaMan series and needs to die.

3. Infinity Mijinion, MegaMan X6
What the hell is a Mijinion? At least the remainder of the X6 bosses names were pretty explanatory. Commander Yammark also had a bad name, but his species was obvious, where as Mijinion being a Flea is obviously going to be harder to recognize.

2. Duff McWhalen, MegaMan X5
All of the X5 Mavericks all had names inspired by Guns and Roses members in the english version. Although they were all quite horrid, Duff McWhalen is especially up there as being incredibly bad and has been considered the poster child of the X5 Mavericks bad names.

1. Uranus, MegaMan V (GameBoy)
Do I really need to explain this one?

Quote from: Jesuszilla
Quote from: Neon_Tiger,Feb 25 2006, 07:20 PM5. HardMan, MegaMan 3
There are actually several other bosses worthy of this title. I might extend this with a list of 6-10 due to this. But HardMan, is a classic and has staying power unlike most of these. HardMan, is probably the most suggestive name in the any MegaMan game, the fact that his weapon involves him firing his fist does not help at all.
You just said hard, extend, staying power, suggestive, weapon, firing, and fist in the same paragraph.

And where the fuck are Woodman, Snakeman, and Flashman?

Quote from: Neon_TigerThere the reason I have considered adding numbers 6-10.