• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 08:48:56 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Mega Man Universe

Started by UHMEEEEBA, April 27, 2010, 10:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

Was referring to the fact that Morrigan could still be in the game, you know the first point in your post not the second.

Fusion

Basically from what I'm getting from all of the complaints that have emerged since the trailer...

Everybody's whining because it isn't Megaman 11.

UHMEEEEBA

July 20, 2010, 01:05:12 AM #17 Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 01:09:49 AM by UHMEEEEBA
I haven't seen anyone complain it isn't Mega Man 11 Fusion. Which kind of makes snese seeing how Mega Man 10 just came out a few months ago. You must go to a weird site Fusion or something. I've seen the following many times on the boards and blogs I checked however:

Not Legends 3. Like how they react to every Mega Man game ever.

Not X9.

Not ZX 3.

Not Starforce 4. (Yes there are actually people complaining that)

The fact it's eight bit. (Despite no proof of it being 8 bit, and the fact there isn't a Wii version implies it isn't.)

The fact there is no Wii version (see my earlier post regarding why there probably isn't).

The fact there is no PC version.

The fact it isn't a retail release despite the fact that Mega Man hasn't done well in retail in ages. Hell not counting the portables I'm pretty sure the last retail console Mega Man game was X8 years ago and that tanked.

The mere fact it's a classic series game.

The presence of Arthur and Ryu.

Complaints about the game being clay motion... when that was just a teaser.

The inclusion of Mega Man 1 boxart Mega Man at the end, yeah people were complaining about that joke.

And then a plethora of complaints about the teaser trailer in general.

UHMEEEEBA

Inafune answers some questions but chooses to remain cryptic as always.

That aside this game is geared to people who played the old games but not necessarily 8-bit like MM9 or MM10 as he believes people would get bored of that. He does however state he does not think the franchise needs a reboot like has been happening to other retro properties these days.

Supposedly there will still be more concrete details later in the week.

UHMEEEEBA

Inafune still talking in circles, nothing really important. Did mention another often requested Mega Man game is in the works though.

They also promised more information Saturday, but they just seem to be repeating the same things so I wouldn't expect anything.

UHMEEEEBA

July 23, 2010, 01:22:55 AM #20 Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 01:10:19 AM by UHMEEEEBA
Alright everybody who uses the Japanese names, time to get your panties in a bunch!

Capcom of Japan has opened their website for Mega Man Universe.

... not Rock Man Universe. In other words Capcom of Japan has officially adopted the western name.

Jesuszilla

... So... Forte is Bass now? Or is it just for this one game?

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Nobody knows on either counts. All we know is for some reason Capcom of Japan is marketing this game under the Mega Man name instead of Rock Man which as expected has annoyed a good amount of people.

I recall Konami trying something similar a few years back with Castlevania but it didn't stick.

Fusion

"Able to play as the Mega Man of your dreams."

Right away, this gives me the idea that it's possibly a DIY Megaman game of sorts.  Level\boss\character creation?

Fusion

UHMEEEEBA

September 02, 2010, 12:34:56 PM #25 Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 12:41:02 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Looks ok thus far for a downloadable title, but I could see a lot of people getting annoyed it's another 2d classic game. Those X and Legends fans are starting to get a bit obnoxious.

Edit: This has nothing to do with the game but might as well post it here, Capcom is doing another arranged CD. And by Capcom I mean they're paying other people to do it for them.

UHMEEEEBA

Double post because the IGN and Gamespot trailers have different footage than the one Fusion posted.

The Gamespot one confirms that yes, you can play as Bad Box Art Mega Man.

Also of note throughout the three videos Mega Man uses Metal Blade and Quick Boomerang.

Jesuszilla

... I just want to play as Bad Box Art Mega Man.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

September 03, 2010, 03:50:46 PM #28 Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:23:06 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Official Japanese Website updated, using the magic of Photoshop on the image Mega Man Network has confirmed the involvement of the following:

The entire Mega man 2 Robot Master cast minus possibly Air Man.
Cut Man, and possibly Guts Man.
Mega Man and Rock Man are separate models.

Protodude's blog in turn shows off a screen of Bad Box Art Mega Man using Air Shooter, so yeah Air Man's probably in it and people just can't tell.

There's a few other characters shown in that image but they're too obscured to make out. One of which, directly behind Mega Man and to the left of Rock Man, has webbed feet like Bubble Man and seems to have eyes above his head. Toad Man normally has flat feet but that could easily be redesign of him.

Jango

Arthur from Ghouls 'n Goblins. See I told you putting Arthur in a Megaman game wouldn't be too out of place.