• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 10:36:08 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

The Logical Bends Kung Fu Man Open

Started by Insanius, April 24, 2010, 02:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insanius

Crossposted from http://mugengenesis.freeforums.org/the-logical-bends-kung-fu-man-open-t965.html

Yes friends, this is an exciting day indeed.  I will be organizing the first ever (and hopefully not the last) Kung Fu Man Open Tournament.
The only character allowed... is Kung Fu Man.

WHAT

HE'S CRAZY

Yes, in fact this tournament will require some effort on your part!  Entrants will be required to create their own AI for Kung Fu Man to compete with other Kung Fu Men in a twist from your traditional definition of an AI tournament.
We are lucky to have Elecbyte back, not only have they updated Kung Fu Man but they've supplied us with an AIlevel trigger that makes it easier than ever before to get your own AI up and running.

Regardless, I will be providing a blank AI template soon.  For now I would like to gauge interest in this event.

The tournament will be run as follows:
Round Robin, Swedish rounds.  Each AI will have a chance to battle with every other AI.  Points will be awarded on the number of rounds won, with a maximum of four points per set.  In addition, quality points will be awarded for meeting specific objectives or goals.

1 point - Beat the template character "Mashy Fu Man".  An AI will be subjected to this challenge up to ten times until it wins.
1 point - Beat the template character "Poke Fu Man".  An AI will be subjected to this challenge up to ten times until it wins.
2 points - Longest combo performed out of all others during the course of the tournament.  In case of a tie, points are awarded to both AIs.
2 points - Most damaging combo performed out of all others during the course of the tournament.  In case of a tie, points are awarded to both AIs.
1 point - Awarded for a perfect round.  Can be awarded up to five times per AI.

A submission will be disqualified if:
The AI performs an impossible/illegal move.
The AI modifies the behavior of the character's moves.

Template Characters:
Mashy Fu Man
http://www.justnopoint.com/lbends/chars/kfmash.zip
This version of KFM executes random moves as fast as possible.

Poke Fu Man
This version of KFM will only use weak attacks in a decisive manner.

Both template characters will be available soon.

KoopaKoot

Cool idea.
Doruzi and I will win this for sure.  :pedo:

Click Here.