• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 09:08:37 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Every Mega Man X game after X6 never happened.

Started by UHMEEEEBA, April 09, 2010, 09:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

More or less they pick and chose their elements.  X is barely talked about at all.

Jesuszilla

QuoteZero was produced by Dr. Wily, who schemed at taking over the world. But he contained a flaw in his cognitive program that made him violent and unwilling to obey instructions, so Dr. Wily himself sealed Zero in a capsule.

QuoteReceiving information of Zero awakening from his capsule and causing violence, the Maverick Hunter Sigma finds and intercepts him. during this incident, Sigma is infected by the unknown computer virus leaking out from Zero's capsule, but at the same time Zero, having his armor damaged in the battle with Sigma, also becomes infected with the virus. Due to this, Zero's personality completely changed, and he would turn to working as a Maverick Hunter.

Oh, so it's not in Zero to go batshit and start destroying things, huh? Bullshit, Inafune.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

That's a theory you can largely blame Bob and George for.

Jesuszilla

Yes, but my point is that Inafune said it wasn't in Zero to do that, yet when he awakened, that's exactly what he did.

UHMEEEEBA

Using this thread because it's related. If you actually believe that MegaphilX guy isn't totally full of shit, Capcom has no plans for Mega Man X9 at this time.

Personally I think he's lying through his ass to justify naming a fan game Mega Man X9 but that is just me.

Fusion

Don't forget that Megaman Unlimited was once called Megaman 10.

UHMEEEEBA

Yeah I know that's why I think he's doing it to justify having a fan game named X9.

Jesuszilla

QuoteOkay this is awesome I got to talk with Inafune-san
I stopped reading after that.

UHMEEEEBA

Said the man who only uses the Japanese names for characters. Don't throw bricks in a glass house Jesus.

Jesuszilla

April 25, 2010, 01:54:51 PM #10 Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 02:06:05 PM by Jesuszilla
There's a huge difference. I don't go around calling stuff fucking "kawaii" or saying "nan desu ka" to English speakers or calling others "(last name)-san" outside of Japanese class. And when they expect us to say "anoo" and "eto" instead of just "uhhhhh" it really does fucking kill me inside.

Oh, and in casual speech with American gamers, I use the American names except for Gouki because for the most part, everyone knows who at least that is.

So what sets me apart is that I actually know what's appropriate for casual speech. I do it here and at Guild because of international context, because people here can understand either way, so I will use the names that I prefer.