• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:53:40 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Pokémon

Started by Deleted User, April 09, 2010, 02:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopaKoot

:wtf: at the water one. Now I cant pick the water starter first, unless it evolves into something cool looking.

Click Here.

UHMEEEEBA

May 12, 2010, 01:55:38 PM #16 Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:12:26 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Quote from: Jesuszilla on May 12, 2010, 11:23:11 AM
I can't even laugh. Just so sad how I used to play these games and see how much they've raped them.

Well that was my reaction to the GBA games, so by the 7th gen you'll be laughing I think.

Edit: By the way the female trainer is sporting huge 80s hair.

Jango

Am I the only one that noticed that, with the exception of Cyndaquil, the Fire types seemed to be based on Chinese Zodiac animals? Charmander line is the dragon (obviously), Torchic line is the Rooster, and Chimchar line is the monkey. So I guess it works out that one of the starters is a Fire Pig.

Also insert joke about smelling like burnt bacon like every other idiot who made a joke about Chimchar throwing flaming feces.

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on May 12, 2010, 01:55:38 PMEdit: By the way the female trainer is sporting huge 80s hair.

That guy better watch out then, he might get grizzled old prospector hair.

UHMEEEEBA

I always figured Charmander was based on the mythical salamander (which actual salamanders were later named after). That aside you win an internet for the Final Sacrifice reference.

Oh and somebody showed me these earlier and its relevant to the thread so whatever.

Anjel

While on the subject of Pokémon.
Quote from: Kairu64
In gold and sliver,Route 34 is where they breed pokemon FFFFFFUUUUUUU

why did take so long for me to notice

Jango

Because nobody paid attention to Route numbers? They were literally just wastes of space between each city like every other RPG out there.

UHMEEEEBA

The cover legendaries. Get ready to laugh and/or feel incredibly bitter on how Game Freak is treating the franchise these days.

The designers are also claiming this is going to be "rebirth" of the franchise... given besides the increasingly bizarre Pokemon designs the games haven't changed very much I am quite confused by that statement.

Unless they mean they're ditching the lame eco-terrorists and Scientology weirdos and bringing back Team Rocket...

Jango

Zekrom > Reshiram

But only by a little.

Jesuszilla

A LITTLE FURRY PENIS THAT IS

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

I see you still take Ambien Jesus.

Jesuszilla

No, it's a basic observation of terrible design for a children's game.

UHMEEEEBA

Ok I was joking before but Nintendo really is scrapping the bottom of the barrel in terms of Pokemon designs.

We have, a Chinchilla, a piggy bank, a set of METAL GEARS (as in clockwork not giant robots), Pidgy Mk V, two things I honestly have no fucking idea what they're supposed to be, and a desert crocodile.

Also the Professor is a woman this time. Who wants to bet she'll be named Maple to fit with the tree theme?

The Pokedex looks like an iPhone.

Edit: This thread should be renamed to something that indicates its content.

Jesuszilla

Munna (the small pig-looking thing) is probably a baby form of Drowzee since it's also a dream eater.

MC2

Well every Pokemon game so far has had our generic annoying mammal Pokemon (Rattata, Zigzagoon, etc.) our annoying bird Pokemon (Pidgey, the thing from gen 3 whose name escapes me) and a Pikachu looking thing to sell as plushies (Plusle/Minun, that squirrel from gen 4.  Damn I can't remember these names very well at all) and the like.  It's true they repeat Pokemon designs a lot, now let us speculate what group legendaries (a la birds, dogs, regis, fairy things in gen 4) we will have to deal with.

Jango

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on June 11, 2010, 06:28:13 PMAlso the Professor is a woman this time. Who wants to bet she'll be named Maple to fit with the tree theme?
Actually, an "Araragi" is a Japanese Yew, so you got the prediction half right.