• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 01:11:05 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

NxC Ryu (for Winmugen AND Mugen 1.0) - Updated 23/04/2010

Started by Cybaster, April 21, 2010, 07:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cybaster

Hello everybody, after almost 4 years, I've decided to update my first and only character to date : NxC Ryu. :)

This little update has been on my computer for years, and I finally decided to upgrade the character to Mugen 1.0 standards.
However, as Kamekaze, I've kept retro-compatibility with Winmugen, using different DEF files.
-> To use him in Winmugen, enter nxc_ryu/nxc_ryu_WinM.def in the select.def file.

WHAT'S BEEN UPDATED :

21/04/2010 :
[spoiler]
- Recoded Dash.
- Modified Super Jump command.
- Changed Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku's juggle to allow less comboability.
- Changed Denjin Hadou Ken's behaviour. It now goes faster, does less damage and stuns longer, as the original Denjin Hadou Ken.
- You can't combo from crouch kicks to Shouryuu Ken or Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku (and variations) anymore.
- Changed Shinkuu Joudan Sukotou Geri to Ex Joudan Sukotou Geri.
- Shakunetsu Hadou Ken does only 2 hits, and makes the opponent fall down only if you're close to him.
- Portrait 9000,16 updated by DooM.
- Added small portrait 9000,11 to add compatibility with Vans' KOFXI lifebars.
- Updated the fatality code to Borghi's latest standards, making Ryu compatible with Peketo, Hashi, Shar-makai and Ananzi's fatalities.
- Removed unnecessary effects, such as the ugly Denjin Hadouken super portrait and WIP Hadouken FX.
- Made Shin Shouryuu Ken a Lv2 Super, and changed the damage accordingly.
- Updated the character to 1.0 standards, while still keeping a Winmugen compatible version :
   + Two DEF files, to choose between Mugen 1.0 and Winmugen.
   + Variable AI depending on your settings.
   + 17 winquotes for Mugen 1.0.
   + Added a victory portrait (sprite 9000,2).
- Added the option to use default or custom hitsparks (see personalize.txt).
- Updated the Command List (in PDF format).
- Little fixes here and there.
[/spoiler]

23/04/2010 :
- Speed up timings on Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku.
- Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku should now connect correctly on most opponents.
- Fixed Denjin Hadouken damage.
- Can't cancel Backdash into anything anymore.
- Hadouken's sprite priority changed so that it covers Ryu.
- Fixed a typo concerning Joudan Sokutou Geri (which I previously wrote "Sukotou").
- You can combo from crouch light kick to Shouryuu Ken or Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku (and variations) again.
- Fixed several combo triggers in the CMD, relative to combos from crouch strong kick, as well as AI triggers.

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE :
- Work a bit more on the gameplay (Hitvels, Hitpauses, etc.).
- Fix the Dizzy state during Denjin Hadou Ken.
- Add an intro or two.
- Add a new Lv3 super : Double Shouryuu Ken (from NxC).
- Compatibility with Borghi's "Cut in half" fatalities, used by Animus, Hashi and Shar-makai.

Note that due to my laziness and constant (de)motivation, the missing things I'm talking about may come out in 1 month as they may come out in 3 years. ;P

LINK : www.mugenguild.com/cybaster/ -> Characters